Old Council Tax Bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Could I get a bit of help with this letter I received today, basically it is a letter from my local council saying that I owe them £111.55 from 13 years ago.The letter gives no more information just an address & to say that they have a Liability order dating 30th June 1999 & if I don't pay they will send the bailiffs. I did live at the address on the letter at that time but I am sure all bills were up to date when I left.

Do they have to provide details of what the bill relates too??

Thanks,

Chris.

They do, but you will probably find a battle on your hands (I did with Housing benefit, which I have now won).

I would write a letter, disputing owing any money and ask them for proof. If you don't get anywhere, send a SAR and go through their records with a fine toothed comb.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I have moved your thread over to the council tax forum. There is more help available here. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Could it be the difference of time from when you moved out to when someone else moved in?

Prehaps to the point when you were removed from the electrol register?

I am no expert in law but I thought Liability orders had to be renewed after 6 years by a court (like a CCJ?)

Get you MP on the case! Councils hate it when they start asking questions!

Good luck.