• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

blemain, harpmanor and monarch HELP EVICTION NOTICE!

jimmyq
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys ive been reading the forum for a few days trying to understand, gain knowledge and seek help must say its very informative thanks

Anyhow i took out a secured bridging loan with harpmanor for the sum of £105,000 back in 2007 cutting the long story short my intentions were to pay it back within 6 months but due to a death in the family i could'nt repay it.

After the death i fell ill and fell behind on payments one thing lead to the other i got an eviction letter etc anyhow i managed to borrow some money and pay off the arrears then.

Now i have the same problem as the interest rate they are charging me is over 20% and the installments are £2500 per month i cant afford it :(

Anyhow in total out of the £105,000 ive paid back £41,947 but still they want £138,000 as a settlement figure :confused:

Ive got a notice of eviction for the 25th of february 2010 and ive spoke to harpmanour who are saying they will put a stop to it if i pay the arrears of £8500.

But i want to clear this off and have £100,000 ready to pay them is there anyway i can get them to reduce the redemption figure? ive spoke to them they are saying i have to pay the full amount to clear it!

Eventhough ive paid them nearly half the money back i dont want to give them this 100k and still be stuck with them is there anyone i can contact to help me get these twats off my back?

anyadvice will be appreciated

thanks!

• 7 months later...

hi guys in 2007 i sadly took out a secured bridging loan for the sum of £105,000 with harp manor/blemain finance/lancashire mortgages and god knows what other names they run under.

anyhow the loan term was for 12 months originally but due to change of circmstances and my mother passing away etc i fell behind with the payments and could not pay the loan back on time

one thing led to the other and my finances were all over i fell ill with severe depression and anxiety

anyhow upto date all in all i have paid back £125,000 over the years as i got all my statements together and tallied it all up so i requested a settlement figure so i can somehow end this frustration as the interest rate they are charging is 24%

the settlement figure they sent me was £49k + charges which worked out to be £70k in total i spoke to the company and customer services regarding this they have told me to write to the managing director regarding the settlement figure and see if he can reduce it

all in all ive had 2 eviction notices off them and the courts but i borrowed the money to pay them and cancel the evictions but i really need to get out of this mess

I have misplaced the settlement statement so i cant put the charges etc on here until i get another copy which i have requested

do you think i have any chance with reducing this figure ( i know you will have a better idea when i show you the charges etc) if so am i best writing to the md and are there any templates i can use etc or solicitors i can get involved to reduce the money

i have equity in my house which i can remortgage but not £70k

please advice me out of this mess

thank you

i got my new settlement BREAKDOWN statement through

balance outstanding = £51,015.35 (gone up another 2k :( )

add redemption Admin Fee £295.00

add interest in accordance with agreeement £2047.50

ADD harpmonaor Limited Administive Costs £4456.50

ADD Renewal FEE £10,500

ADD cantor law limited litigation fees on redemption £1658.00

ADD VAT ON LEGAL COSTS £290.00

ADD warant fees £190.00

ADD BANK TT FEE £35.25

ADD HM LAND REGISTRY FEE £6.00

TOTAL = £70493.75 :( :(

THATS AFTER BORROWING 105K AND PAYING BACK £125K STILL THEY WANT £70K

any advice on this please?????

What's this ???? ADD Renewal FEE £10,500

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

ADD Renewal FEE £10,500 i dont know thats what it says on the statement they have sent me :???:

anyone have an idea what it is or whom i can contact regarding all these charges to see if i can get them reduced some how

Hi, you need to write (by recorded delivery) asking for an explanation of the charges - they seem outrageous. If you need help with the letter, please let me know and I'll draft one for you.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi thank you for your reply if possible can you draft me one up so i can send to the managing director maybe he will explain the charges aswell as reduce the figures as ive paid that back the loan aswell as 20k ontop :( thank you very much its much appreciated as im in alot of stress

thanks

Hi there, I will post a draft letter up shortly.

Hi there, affixed is the draft letter. When you have put the addresses in make sure the letter stays all on one page before printing it out.

Send by recorded delivery, keep a copy of the letter for yourself. A few days after posting check on the royalmail website to print off the signature receipt - staple this to your copy of the letter and keep in a safe place. It's a good idea to start a file with all the paperwork relating to Belmain filed in date order - you can get plastic files quite cheaply these days.

Hope this is helpful.

Ell

Jimmyq letter.doc

Send it to who the lady on the phone advised. I wouldn't make them an offer until you get a reply to the letter - you need to know what the renewal fee is.

• 2 weeks later...
iphone the

Hi jimmyq

If i can help in any way feel free to ask.

The first thing to do is send them a subject access request, find out how much they have added to the account in charges.

hi thanks for the offer this is my problem with them

I originally borrowed £105k off them briding loan for 12 months but due to some family problems i could'nt pay it off within the contract time.

Anyhow all in all i have paid them over £120k back but still they want

balance outstanding = £51,015.35

ADD redemption admin Fee £295.00

ADDinterest in accordance with agreeement £2047.50

ADD Renewal FEE £10,500

ADD cantor law limited litigation fees on redemption £1658.00

ADD VAT ON LEGAL COSTS £290.00

ADD warant fees £190.00

ADD BANK TT FEE £35.25

TOTAL = £70493.75

I have my own thread on the forum but i cant post a link to it as it wont allow me to due to less posts sorry

still awaiting a reply they have recieved the letter according to royal mail it was delivered on the 30th of september. ill give them till next week if i dont get a reply what will my next step be or is it a dead end for me :(

hi jimmy

Phone these

Financial Ombudsman Service

Explain what is happening to them they will give you advice and may take this on.

Research the unfair relationship it apply to this agreement.

Taking this on your own is a lot of work there is so much rules and regulations and laws that you will need to know and be able to argue in court that this will consume all your free time

So if you can get help take it look up no win no fee solicitors, FOS

I will post up a list of things for you to read, what you have to do then is look thro them and make a list of what they are doing that you think is wrong and why it is wrong. That is your starting point.

hi thanks for the replys ive got an appointment with a solicitor tommorow morning as for the contract ive lost my copy of it and requested it over the phone several times but they are not sending me it :(

i originally took the loan out in 2007 thanks for all your help guys its much appreciated i dont know qwho to turn to your all i have guys thanks!

ive found an old letter from my solicitrs which has a copy of the agrrement " i think"

at the bottom it says "the borrower has no right of cancellation under the consumer credit act 1974,the timeshare act 1992 or the financial services (distance marketing) regulations 2004. the lenders main business is secured lending and holds a consumer credit licence no 187588 issued by the oft"

if this means anything?

JIMMY IF I CAN HELP IN ANY WAY I WILL

But I am not legally qualified and what I and others on this site say should not be taken as blindly.

Google the following and start your list of what they are doing wrong

When you know that what they are doing wrong then you can set about putting it right.

And if like me you are feeling like a victim once you know your rights then no more victim

Then you feel like a tiger looking for a fight. And boy don’t this feeling make you sleep better

The unfair relationships provisions

Irresponsible lending – OFT guidance for creditors

(OFT) Debt Collection Guidelines

Unfair contract terms guidance

Blemain Finance v Bentley

Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading

I will keep an eye on this post so post up what the solisotor says

But tell hin to look into the unfair relationship test.

Wp3

this company has the same address as blemain

it is nice to se that some of their fees are legitimate

ADD BANK TT FEE £35.25

the rest are just profiteering

Edited by welshperson3