• Tweets

• we have known for a very very long time that 9/10 the OC never knows IRRWW are chasing debtors nor  in some cases even taking money from them that the OC never ever see!! IDRWW pockets it -  free money - lets all go on a staff holiday. there was an article some years back whereby that quoted some +£4M debtors had paid to IDRWW on UAE debts that when contacted the originating banks knew nothing about....😎  
    • let the ombudsman do their job. you'll win handsdown you dont obv owe OVO p'haps anything at all.  dont worry about Past Due credit or any other DCA ( THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS!) as for you being added to the debt, thats quite OK, you were a resident adult and equally liable under law. once you start getting things moving via the  ombudsman dont forget to get your credit files cleansed of any negative data & seek compensation for distress etc, again the  ombudsman should sort both out for you. as you are now NOT a customer of OVO, there is very very little they can do to you now.  
    • A question - did you use the supermarket or the restaurant? I see the restrictions are different. Sign.pdf
    • DN is ok DCA NOA is ok, though not one from Newday saying they've sold it. agreement states esigned on a sunday at 11am?? really??  but no typed names or tick box nor any IP address used. if the date is correct then poss ok, it that your correct address for that time of take out? but if not, then that could simply be a copy of someone elses they've used with you details copy'n'pasted over theirs. the agreement details separate T&C's in at least 8.4. a full set of T&C containing your correct address for the time MUST be included. failure renders the agreement unenforceable... have you the T&C's too? dx
    • Npower and Scottish Power and others have always had regulations that require them to treat customers fairly - the threads here and my experiences demonstrate that those regs are little more than useless.   Even Octopus recently spent month after month saying they needed to increase my monthly payments despite my credit balance slowly going up TWICE I had to reset it online back to prior payment as they unilaterally increased it unilaterally. Raised formal complaint and they than said i was paying too much and reduced the payment, again without my agreement, although that time at least they told me they were doing it.   .. and Octopus has been one of the better ones.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

blemain, harpmanor and monarch HELP EVICTION NOTICE!

jimmyq
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

some good advice here to think about .

I have two bridging loans that were only £78,000 two years ago, but now they are asking for £180,000 to redeem. One is with Bristol & West Investments plc and the other with Easy Bridging Loans plc.?

The latter company charges you six months interest if you do are late paying the monthly repayments. This is more like a loan shark and this company was regulated for an year after I took the loan but has since withdrawn from the FSA regulations. The first one is still regulated by the FSA and has just increased its repayments.

Anna Sofat, IFA with AJS Wealth Management, said: On the face of it, this is just appalling. My advice would be twofold:

a) You make an official complaint about the terms and conditions of your loans. Both companies would need Consumer Credit Licence to operate and as from 6th April 2007, you will be able to complain to the Financial services Ombudsman (http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk).

Secondly, as Bristol & West Investment PLC is already regulated by the FSA, you can lodge a complaint now. The Ombudsman does require you to complain directly to the organisation first and then if you are not happy with the response to the Ombudsman service.

b) you get help in challenging the rate of interest you are obviously being charged and /or moving away from these companies. In this areas, its worth considering the Citizens Advice Bureau – they have money advisers through out the UK and help people to restructure their debt.

A decent financial adviser or legal firm should also be able to assist in assessing your original loan agreement vs what you have ended up. However, this is likely to cost you in fees

just got back from the solicitors he said the charges are way too high he can request a breakdown for them and probably reduce then but he needs a copy of the original contract to see exactly what ive signed for before he can tell me if there is anything that can be done etc which is understandable.

Ive rang them 4 times requesting this even rang them today she said it normally takes 14 days to get it from their archive department i told her ive been waiting over a month all i got was "ill chase it up for you as sometimes it can take longer"

guess ill have to wait for the original contract

they wont send it

when you try to argue this they just deny that you ever made a request.

you have to know what you are doing and you rights or they will walk all over you

so now read the following and then look for letter templates regarding a section 77/78 consumer credit act request.

they have a lawful duty to comply if they don't then you don't have tho pay this or they cant add interest or charges until they comply with your request.

the have th comply in 12+2 days.

get a folder, keep every thing together.

all letters sent to to these need to be sent recorder delivery and put a copy in the folder.

what i found that is hard to swallow when dealing with these people is that someone who is only doing a job but is so willing to blatantly lie for the company.

where are they're morals ?

• 3 weeks later...

right guys sorry for the delay in replying i have still not recieved the original contract do you think they have something to hide?

As for the letter i wrote i got a reply from howard laddin ( dont have a copy of it to hand as ive gave it to my solicitors) but basically the add renewal charges were due to me not paying it off within the agreed 12 months term so every year they are charging me. Im going to find the template for section 77/78 consumer credit act request and send them this as my solicitors advice me to do this too.

Section 77/78 Request

As prescribed under Section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

To

Name of Lender: BLEMAIN FINANCE LTD

Address of Lender: Bracken House

Charles street

Manchester

Postcode: M1 7BD

We;

Name:

Address

Postcode:

Account/Loan Number:

We instruct you the creditor to supply a copy of the above Regulated Credit Agreement (if any), including any document referred to therein and statement of account under the legislation contained within Section 77 and 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I enclose the statutory fee of £1.00 as required per this request.

NAME (Account Holder 1): D.O.B.:

SIGNATURE: ………………………………………… DATE:

NAME (Account Holder 2): D.O.B.:

SIGNATURE: ………………………………………… DATE:

• 3 months later...

hi guys finally got my orignal contract through the post today :(

its dated 24.09.07

is there anything in particular i need to be looking at on this and also can some one recommend me a good law firm who will look through this for me to see if we can challenge it

i have noticed it does say at the bottom

the borrower has no right to of cancellation under the consunmer credit act 1974.the timeshare act 1992 or the financial services (distance marketing) regulations 2004. the lenders main business is secured lending and it holds a consumer credit licence no 187588 issued by the oft

does this mean im screwed?

• 1 month later...

hi guys not getting anywhere with this nothing but stress! does anyone know a good solicitors firm who has had some dealings with blemain?? i know cccl did but they no longer exist anyone else pleaseeeee?

I wouldn't bother with a solicitor unless you have legal insurance cover. But here's a tip. I was lucky enough to be able to redeem my Blemain loan recently but their figures looked too high. So I took a copy to Trading Standards. They wrote just one letter to Blemain and then my early redemption charges were waived completely; nearly £2000. This is roughly the amount I thought they were overcharging so I didn't pursue it further. But they then did send me a breakdown of the figures which they earlier had not done. Trading Standards cost nothing; you should be able to find them via your Council or Consumer direct. Good luck!

Kind regards, MG

• 10 months later...

hi guys just an update with this tried a few different solicitors wasted more money! some even want money just to look at it anyhow in the mean while i raised a complain with harpmanor in august 2011 they said they will write to me within 8 weeks. I recieved a letter on 16th Decemeber alongside the agreement and a statement showing how much money i had paid them in total which is £136,841.11. Also they had noticed some mistakes and incorrect charges to which they have refunded me £1725

My curent interest rate is 23.4% and since i have not paid my loan back in the agreed term (12 months) i have incurred renewal fees and keep incurring these until the load is redeemed in full! anyhow after borrowing £105k paying £136k back they now want another £100k to settle :( :(

i keep getting eviction letters and end up paying on the last minute to stay in my house!

After speaking with wp3 off here who is a great guy and also has dealings with this company and so do many others!

i phoned FOS to complain about all the charges etc the chap on the phone said they dont even know who harpmanor limited is!! Anyhow they are going to send me a letter and i have to send them a copy of all the paper work i have see what happens now! also will be approaching some other solicitors who have had dealings with blemain before

stressed out with this company!

Edited by jimmyq

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

no update tried everything and every angle possible but had no luck whatsoever had to sell my house to pay them off and now in rented accommodation thanks to these b******rds lost everything :(

• 4 weeks later...

jimmyq did you finally get a copy of the agreement and was it actually signed by the lender. Would be very interested in a copy of your agreement to assist my own case against them. Would like to say more but restricted at the moment as my case is going to appeal.