Current Account Problems - Help Needed

johnny28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not too sure if I have put this in the correct place.

Back in March 2009 I had a Current Account with Natwest, They decided to shut it down, they gave no reason they just shut it down.

I work in the Housing Market and I pay the Local Authorities by Cheque whihc is why I need a Current Account.

I have a default on my file and it seems that no bank will touch me.

Does anyone know where I can get an account with cheque book facilities so that I don't get the sack as it is in t&c's that I must be able to write cheques to the Local Authorities, I have been declined by Halifax, RBS, Alliance & Leicester, and Barcalys.

Any help or point me in the right direction of a bank/B-society that can offer this to me.

You may not get a cheque account with your credit record with a High Street bank, have you tried a Credit Union?

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

You may not get a cheque account with your credit record with a High Street bank, have you tried a Credit Union?

Hi Foolishgirl, No I haven't tried the Credit Union, Is there one in the South East of england?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Try the Co-Op basic cashminder current account...( no cheque book ) but you do get a debit card can do standing orders and direct debit...and online banking.

You need to apply in a branch and do NOT ask for overdraft......

Bit slow to respond but you should get it.

Regards,

Stormski