Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default MINT - Response to CCA request

Hi everyone,

I had some really great advice about my MINT card on one of my other threads, which basically suggests they've sent a defective DN closely followed by a termination letter.

I did a CCA Requesticon to see if I could get the Holy Grail and here's what they've sent me. The second page is clearly a copy of the original application form, but the rest looks like something from their "Template libraryicon"! My first impressions are that the Application form does look like it may be a proper CCA but I still can't get my head around the Prescribed Terms etc etc...

Also in the envelope was the current T & C's of 09/09.

Could anyone wiser than me have a look over it please?

Thanks in advance - BL

Ltr - http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...tccareply1.jpg

App Form/CCA? - http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...tccareply2.jpg

Page 2 - http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...tccareply3.gif

Page 3 - http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...tccareply4.jpg

Page 4 - http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...tccareply5.jpg

Page 5 - http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...tccareply6.jpg

[CENTER] Well 6 years on and most of the defaults have disappeared, thank you CAG for all your help
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: MINT - Response to CCA request

Hi,
    While I'm certainly not wiser, that "agreement" looks a little flawed to me.
    It is devoid of any key terms.

Do the separate terms contain your signature?

The application form does state that you agree to the terms as set out separately which means they would have to prove you received them at the same time as the application. That isn't going to be easy.

One other thing. In the covering letter, they state they have received the fee and applied it to your account. That fee is for them and not to be used to help settle the debt.

Prescribed terms that should be on the agreement you sign are:

The APR
    Your credit limit or a statement saying one will be set
    Repayment terms

Hold fire for more peeps to comment.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following

No, my signature only appears on the application form. The T & C's look to have been printed off a pc, probably from a database. I don't recall getting any with the application form.

[CENTER] Well 6 years on and most of the defaults have disappeared, thank you CAG for all your help
    Follows
    Following

Anyone else care to have a look for me? What Silverfox says is quite interesting, but would appreciate further comments.
    Cheers
    BL

Follows
    Following

I have something similar, how did you get on ?

Hi Oldchap,

actually, I've not heard anything more from them since they sent this "agreement".

Hopefully someone might see this thread who knows more than I!

Follows
    Following

Further to previous comments about the unlawful recission of the account by Mint, I'm a bit confused...

Although I didn't write accepting their unlawful recission of the agreement (although I understand I'm not obliged to do so), I have continued to pay the pro-rata amount I originally offered.

Is it now worth me writing to them (forgetting about the validity or otherwise of the CCA) along the lines of:

following your unlawful recission of the account last year, by my calculations I have now paid 75 towards the arrears figure quoted in your termination letter.

I now consider the account to be repaid in full.........

OR words to that effect (if someone could point me towards a better version I'd be grateful!!)

BL

Follows
    Following

I'm not an expert so sorry can't advise in this instance. Battling with Mint because they sent a postage size copy of the CCA and have now handed to a DCAicon who are threatening me.

It looks as if you are missing the reverse of the credit card agreement.

The document which follows your link to the front, would appear to duplicate the text on the front - so that's not the reverse.

The other information appears to be a copy of the Terms & Conditions at the time of applying for the account - whilst it says that you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions for the "executed agreement" to be properly executed all the prescribed terms have to be in the executed agreement itself, and cannot be separate.

So at the moment it's a fail for RBSicon.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.
    Follows
    Following

Hi again!

Enron, apologies for not coming back to you - this case fell off my radar as you can tell by the dates!! over the last 2 years, I've been receiving random letters from DCA's, but all's been quiet for a good few months until today when a letter from Wescot arrived threatening a doorstep collectionicon.

Obviously I've fired off a letter saying I won't agree to an "appointment" with their agent, but it got me thinking. I initially challenged them on the grounds of unlawful recission, but I'm led to believe that that may not be sufficient to fend off court action now?

If that is the case, could anyone confirm whether the "agreement" in the earlier post would be sufficient defence against any court action? I'm hoping they'll disappear for another 12 months, but would like to know where I now stand just in case I get a letter from Northampton!!!

Cheers

BL

Follows
    Following

Hmmm - wescot now say that RBSicon complied with the CCA Requesticon so they want my repayment proposals.

Just referring back to what Enron said in post #9, how best am I to respond to wescot's latest letter?

Cheers

BL

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details