Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: Help please

Default Help please

Hi after sending my second letter (lbaicon) demanding repayment of 965 I received a phone callicon from the Bank of Scotland offering to increase their goodwill refund from 120 to 325. Now I refused over the phone and she said oh well your bad luck I will send you a copy of how to contact the financial Ombudsman service. She said - 'please understand that we are not prepared to refund all of the charges that you have incurred on your account over the last six years.' I told her i would be going to the small claimsicon court.

Can any one advise me what has the financial ombudsman got to do with this - she also mentioned that the oft statement about bank charges being unfair only related to credit cards - is this true. What do I do now?

Default Re: Help please

Stick to your guns scare tactics that is your money and she knows it, take the next step file a claim, I'm sure they will son see you mean business

Default Re: Help please

at least you`ve had offers lol, im at the claim stage (papers served on the 9th) and i`ve had nothing, not even an acknowledgment hehe, but andrea is right, stick to your guns and you`ll soon get it all back.

The finanancial ombudsmen just deal with complaints, its a lenghy process and not worth dealing with, court is the way to go now.

Good luck

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details