Cancelled TV insurance & due for a refund but not been refunded yet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello eveyone,

I am new to this forum and I hope this thread does not already exist. I am still finding my way through the website.

I hope you can help me with my query.

I purchased a TV from Currys in August and got insurance on it for £230. I had 45 days to cancel the insurance and I rang them to cancel it after 30 days. It was cancelled and confirmed and everything and I was due to receive a cheque within 28 days from the day I canncelled the insurance (September 8th 09).

However, after almost 4 months I still have not got any cheques yet and I have been ringing them every month and they say they have to reissue the cheque, sorry for the delay but we don't know what has gone wrong. I double checked my address and other details with them everytime I rang and I don't know what I can do. I am just told another 28 days another cheque will be issued and then again the same thing after 28 days.

I'd like to know what my rights are or what I can do. My money is in their account for 4 months and just imagine how many other customers money is laying in their account and they are not even insured.

sorry for the lengthy post, I am very frustrated.

any help or advise is much appreciated.