Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: Bank Charges Campaign Continues

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2006

Blog Entries

Thank you andy, although I have already linked directly to the BBC article in that thread in my previous post, as it is directly pertinent to this thread, keeps everything together, and gives context to the which? link.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.
    Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007
    Smile 1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received 1,000.50 14/7/06 + 20 30/7/06
    Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro Highly authoritative caro's Avatar

Blog Entries

All these years on and still the problem of bank charges rumbles slowly on. Just goes to show the power that the banks have.

Fortunately Which? are still on the case but are still looking for support, so please take a look at their latest input and sign the petition using the link below.

https://conversation.which.co.uk/mon...=banking211016

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.
    Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007
    Smile 1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received 1,000.50 14/7/06 + 20 30/7/06
    Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Blog Entries

Good to see the FCA are looking at overdraft charges.

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...account-market

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere but I've posted the link here for completeness.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2007

Bank charges need to be heavily reduced!! People are being charged e.g 15 to pay for a transaction of i.e 2 if it takes them into overdraft or over their overdraft. Why??

Election coming up. Who's going to take Banks to task and tackle helping those who can least afford this scandal.

Basic Account Holder xxmcvapourxx Novitiate

Cagger since : Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by determindator View Post
    Bank charges need to be heavily reduced!! People are being charged e.g 15 to pay for a transaction of i.e 2 if it takes them into overdraft or over their overdraft. Why??

Election coming up. Who's going to take Banks to task and tackle helping those who can least afford this scandal.
    I've been charged three times with Natwesticon by going over my overdraft twice One for 54 and to other charges of 6, 6 i've complained so many times i dont ever get refunded... im always stay within my overdraft.

Basic Account Holder cjcregg Novitiate cjcregg Novitiate

Cagger since : Dec 2015

Lloyds are abolishing unauthorised overdraft charges http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40555175

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Quote Originally Posted by cjcregg View Post
    Lloyds are abolishing unauthorised overdraft charges http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40555175
    Not before time

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

So if they abolish now then they must have been unfair in the past..otherwise they would continue ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2007

Looks like there's pressure on the banks to stop the high charges taken for exceeding your overdraft.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details