• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

rogerdodger vs rbos - *WON*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sent my premilinary letter on the 7th of august.

received a letter today (14th) explaining that they feel the charges are appropriate and that the office of fair trading has restricted its investigations to credit cards only and made no attempt to consult the industry in relation to entirely different products.

consequently, against that background, they differ with the views expressed in my letter.

they then thank me for taking the time and trouble to write.

so, is that a stock letter? do i wait another 7 days and send the next letter?

claim sent to sherrif court 06/09/2006 v rbos

rbs settlement letter received 15/09/2006

sending my lba letter tomorrow.

i think i will deliver it by hand and explain my inability to understand the local court system and will be asking a newspaper reporter friend to help me in my plight!

• 2 weeks later...

no reply to my second letter, so i need to get to the sherrifs court tomorrow and get small claims forms sorted as quickly as possible.

is there a letter to let them know i am doing this or do i just fill them out and send them to the court?

thought they would have replied, i want to contact them and inform them of my intent to go to court and also use the press angle too?

will do.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/6165-scottish-procedure.html

would really like to be able and copy and paste the info from here onto my claim form but unable to?

anybody got any ideas ( other than type it out you lazy ....lol)

thats my claim forms printed out and will be taking them to the court tomorrow

i ended up typing them in, hopefully it will be worth the time

What I did (which may have helped me) was send an email direct to Tommy Mclean stating that because I had no faveourable response to my first 2 letters that I was going to commence legal action. He then emailed me straight back with "we can not locate your first letter but please bear with us as we are unindated with claims" So I decided to give a bit and respond stating I would wait a further 7 days due to the volume of claims I was sure they were recieving BUT if I did not recieve a positive response I would commence legal action with no further notice. 5 days letter a letter thru the post with full offer.

I know we should stick to timetables but to tell you the truth, I couldnt afford to file at the end of my LBA deadline so I gave them a bit. I am sure that part of the reason its taking forever IS because they are in fact getting indundated.

well i put my forms in today. paid the £39

the lady at the court said " it could expensive the RBOS counter claim!! do i still want to go ahead!!!

scared me a little....

is there any way they can counter claim, what happens if they contest this?

should i email RBOS head office and explain why i have sent the summons? and could they lead the manager at the local branch in the right direction?

Don't worry, they won't counter claim..... Believe me !!!

I would not bother emailing them, your claim will explain everything.

Tomba90

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

- Mahatma Gandhi

got my letter from the court.

return date is the 24th october

preliminary hearing 31st october

i hope that when i go to the sherrif on the 25th i get good news!!

really hoping they settle at this stage as i am a bit worried about going to court for real!!!

Roger,

No claim has gone to court !!!!

They always pay up before, None of the Banks can afford to go to court, becuase if anyone wins it will set a presedent, then the floodgates would open.....not just for the previous 6yr but for the entire life of the contract !!!!!!!

They would have to kiss goodbye to £3billion profits...........

in other words, don't stress !!!!:grin:

Tomba90

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

- Mahatma Gandhi

i received a letter from the bank today offering £274 payment in full and final settlement of my complaint.

pity it doesn't include the court fee!!

i assume i hold out for the court fee too?

do i contact tommy maclean and ask for that too? or do i correspond in writing requesting for that too

I would respond to them saying thats not the amount you are claiming for and isn't the full payment but you are happy to accept that as a partial payment only.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok, i will be going into court on thursday to see if the bank has replied.

what happens if they have done nothing? then i have to submit a form 11 to the court requesting my money?

is that right? anybody have a template for a form 11?