JSA payment over christmas??

Tillysocute
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have just been to sign on and was told i was not to come again to sign until 13th Jan!!! Christmas break..

Thats a nice long holiday they all have:)

Anyway i know i will get my money this Sunday because i have signed but what about the fortnight i dont sign because the office is shut......... Will it just go automaticly into my bank??

I have this dreadful fear it wont be there and i will be in trouble!!

I didnt think to ask when i was in there :confused:

Does anyone know how it works?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I have just been to sign on and was told i was not to come again to sign until 13th Jan!!! Christmas break..

Anyway i know i will get my money this Sunday because i have signed but what about the fortnight i dont sign because the office is shut......... Will it just go automaticly into my bank??

I have this dreadful fear it wont be there and i will be in trouble!!

I didnt think to ask when i was in there :confused:

Does anyone know how it works?

It gets paid in automatically, I was given a leaflet yesterday explaining it.

Yes, I'm due to sign on 22nd but they have told me my money will go in that day, rather than the 4 days after signing, so I have it for Xmas.

Jan

Leaflet i have say money due to be paid normally on the 3oth will be paid on 24th, however 'paid' doesnt mean into your account, that normally takes 3 days, so by 'paying' it on the 24th, my guess is it wont reach your account untill 29th maybe later, due to xmas and bank hols etc

Andy

They cant pay you late....so if it dont go in the normal date then it has to go in early...the women told me i should receieve myn either on the Monday or the Tuesday....the latest it should be in is xmas eve. But proberleys earlier as Christmas Eve, Day and and Boxing day are holidays so they aint working days for banks and Sundays are'nt working days anyways so therefor everyone should be getting paid a bit early xx

I take it you would have been due to sign on 30th December then? If yes then your money should be paid automatically there a few exceptions for advance payments e.g you currently declare part time work etc. You may want to call your BDC processing office to confirm the date the money should be in your account.

Since your question has been answered, I feel obliged to comment on this. What makes you think we get a long holiday? JCP staff get the same public holidays as everyone else. The number of available signing days is limited over Xmas, so some people are exempted. But we still have to turn up for work.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I take it you would have been due to sign on 30th December then? If yes then your money should be paid automatically there a few exceptions for advance payments e.g you currently declare part time work etc. You may want to call your BDC processing office to confirm the date the money should be in your account.

Nope im due to sign on the 24th of December.....and i rang them today and they said my money should be in on the 24th into my bank account...but it could go in earlier. They cant process the payment on the 24th as the banks are closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week and it takes 4 working days to go into your bank therefore it would go in 2 days late so it has to be in my bank account on the 24th x

Emzy my signing on date was due to be the 25th December .

I get JSA payments paid fortnightly when i sign on a Friday the money

is in my account on the Wednesday.

When i last signed on i got a letter saying my next payment issue

date would be the 22nd December. It would then be 3 working days

before it hits my bank account .

I phoned the job centre today to see if my payment had been issued

and it has been but i have been told all payments issued on the 22nd

December or after wont be paid till Tuesday at the earliest :(

So unless your issue date was 21st of December or before Emzy you

wont get any money till Tuesday maybe tyou are one of the lucky ones !!

I am due to sign christmas day and have been told payment issued on 22nd.. so far no money in account and guessing im not gonna get it till after christmas so another xmas with no money.. ill keep you posted

Big problems with certain banks today one being Abbey National any benefit that was due to to clear today was not in peoples account they had it frozen... We were told they would sort it out today, havent heard anything more,

I signed today - and my money went in bank today. I am with Abbey so they must have sorted it, at least at some branches.

Jan

Yes, I heard about this today. Last year Nationwide had a similar issue.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I am due to sign christmas day and have been told payment issued on 22nd.. so far no money in account and guessing im not gonna get it till after christmas so another xmas with no money.. ill keep you posted

Payments issued on 22nd should arrive in bank accounts on the 24th.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

glad I found this thread...

I bank with the Co Op...supposed to sign on 25.12 and checked and double checked with JC - yes - payment *should* be in by Xmas Eve...have just checked - and quelle suprise...no sign of anything! Mind you, Co Op are sticklers for tradition and 3 working days means 3 working days...so Tuesday it is...aaagghh...so much for *early payments*...might just check again tomorrow anyway..but I'm not holding out much hope...