Ulster Bank Hell

noons71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am new to the site and hope someone out there can help. I was having charge upon charge added to my current account with the Ulster Bank ans was forever disputing them. I decided to open a new account with another bank and brought my Ulster Bank account under its £250 overdraft and was going to pay it off then close the account. Ulster Bank then proceeded to add more charges to the account and I refused to pay them. My account balance rose to -£500 due to these charges.:Cry: After speaking to the debt management dept in the bank they have now removed these charges and I am paying off the overdraft of £250.:-)

The problem I now have is after checking credit expert Ulster Bank have added a default to my file. What should my next step be to have this removed as it is severley affecting my ability to get credit.

15th December 2009 UPDATE

As I have had no replies from u guys i assume u r thinking search the site and you will find all you need ! As I am not the most eloquent All I was hoping for is an example of a initial complaint letter to send to my bank stating that since the amount was in dispute that they were breaching the Banking Code. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN I WILL APPRECIATE IT.

16Th December 2009

Had a call from recoverys clerk who informed there was no notes on my file to say that I disputed these charges.I didnt know or wasnt wise enough to put this in writing at the time but I had numerous telephone conversations with bank personnel disputing the charges. She also informed me that the charges hadnt been removed but would be wrote off when I had paid off the £250 overdraft and my credit file would then read partally satisfied.Lost for the next step now any ideas ??????????????????:???:

you would need to contact the bank and get them to remove the default, also if you did not recieve a default notice then they shoild not have listed one against you

also write to the CRA and put a notice of dispute against the entry

PGH7447

Thanks for the reply !!!!

I have contacted the bank by phone as I have said above but because they have said they have no record of dispute by mail (even though I disputed it by phone on many occasions ) when the default was issued they are refusing to remove the default.