Even RM call centre getting frustrated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a card through on 10th to say that two packages could not be delivered. Arranged for redelivery on Saturday - nothing came.

I decided to leave it for a couple of days to allow for any delay, and then rang to ask what was happening today. The lady at the call centre looked on the system, and it says that both items were "successfully delivered" on Saturday!

When I said that they clearly had not been delivered on Saturday she just agreed, and said that they were getting thoroughly fed up with it, and that they were getting hundreds of similar complaints. She openly admitted that the delivery people were merely noting on the system that items had been redelivered when they had actually never left the sorting office!

This is an absolute disgrace.

She rebooked the redelivery for Thursday - I am not holding my breath!

Panorama the other day - BBC iPlayer - Panorama: Can't Deliver, Won't Deliver

showed this happening. They talked to some customers who had been waiting for packages from the postman and a card appeared through the letterbox. They said how they opened the door on seeing the card and confronted the postman who admitted that they never knocked on the door and didn't in fact have the package, it was still in the sorting office.

Had a card through on 10th to say that two packages could not be delivered. Arranged for redelivery on Saturday - nothing came.

I decided to leave it for a couple of days to allow for any delay, and then rang to ask what was happening today. The lady at the call centre looked on the system, and it says that both items were "successfully delivered" on Saturday!

I had a very similar incident 2 weeks ago.

I ordered goods on a wednesday, paid for 2 day delivery. So Friday passed and no delivery, but decided cos they might be busy to leave it and see what happens. Anyway, got to Monday afternoon still no delivery and then it dawned on me that I had a tracking number, so I checked the status on the RM website.

Apparently they had tried to deliver the parcel at 7:19 on Friday morning and had left a card. I can honestly state that we were up and in the house at that time (I leave at 7:35 to take my wife to work), so unless he knocked on the door with a wet sock somebody would have heard it and answered, and there was no card left either.

I spoke to a mate of mine who is a postman and he says it is becoming common practise in his depot for posties to just fill in cards BEFORE they set off and just shove them through the letterbox rather than cart parcels around.

trouble is RM aint got competition so can do as they plz sell some of it to tnt or such like and start a price war

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I sent a RD letter (signed for) and it got delivered with the normal mail after having the RD sticker taken off it. (apart from a small piece that didn't come off)

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 months later...