If we go to court by the council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH is in arrears with rent which has slowly got worse due to a short period of unemployment. Her application for housing/council tax benefit has still not been sorted and the situation is slowly becoming inane due to the lack of action by the benefits section of the council. I was aware of the situation so made an appointment to see the guy from the council who deals with arrears, came to a verbal agreement about what to pay. Two days later letter in post from someone signing on his behalf saying that if they go to court you will have to pay the court costs which will be between £200 and £400 pounds. The fact of the matter is appointment and agreement was on tuesday the 9th/Dec, Letter was dated on the 7th/Dec and sent on the ninth, arrived to day the 10th. Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. How would any one else deal with this silliness. The letter as I have said states the amount that would have to be paid in court costs which leaves me to answer the question, how do they arrive at figures like that, what do they do to justify such made up amounts and what is the best way to defend such an application for costs if it went to court. Thanks to any one who can help me deal with this situation for my OH Who I feel could quite easily become evicted and how best can I protect her..

My OH is in arrears with rent which has slowly got worse due to a short period of unemployment. Her application for housing/council tax benefit has still not been sorted and the situation is slowly becoming inane due to the lack of action by the benefits section of the council. I was aware of the situation so made an appointment to see the guy from the council who deals with arrears, came to a verbal agreement about what to pay. Two days later letter in post from someone signing on his behalf saying that if they go to court you will have to pay the court costs which will be between £200 and £400 pounds. The fact of the matter is appointment and agreement was on tuesday the 9th/Dec, Letter was dated on the 7th/Dec and sent on the ninth, arrived to day the 10th. Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. How would any one else deal with this silliness. The letter as I have said states the amount that would have to be paid in court costs which leaves me to answer the question, how do they arrive at figures like that, what do they do to justify such made up amounts and what is the best way to defend such an application for costs if it went to court. Thanks to any one who can help me deal with this situation for my OH Who I feel could quite easily become evicted and how best can I protect her..

Bump..

Bump.

Has a Notice Seeking Possession been served at the property or on your partner? No Court action can be taken without a notice being served.

I would try to speak to the man you made the arrangement with and ask him about the letter. The arrangement made since the letter was written should supersede any action threatened in the letter.

You could ask them to give you a breakdown of how the costs are worked out.

• 5 weeks later...

all run on debt all run run for profit im in same situation i mentioned to the council today and showed him the court paperwork should see his face drop i wish i had it on camera i'm even considering of paying 10 quid fro the cctv from the office mmm

Ive issued a possible proceedings for 5k plus and i don't have to pay a penny so where they get there costs from beyond me