Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default RBS loan incorrect Reason for loan stated in order for it to be passed by the computer.

has anyone applied for a loan with RBSicon for debt consolidation and found that the reason for the loan was put down as home improvements to get it cleared by the computer?

to make this worse, I was living with parents at the time the loan was taken out, 3-4 years ago so how the hell would I take out a home improvement loan (lost all paperwork unfortunately).

Due to a rough period in my life and my ex sucking me dry, I struggled to keep up repayments and it wasn't until I got some forms from the Courts that I realised the loan was classed as home improvement loan. I sent the forms back about 2 years ago to the court disputing the loan and have heard nothing since.

Old_andrew2018

Default Re: RBS loan incorrect Reason for loan stated in order for it to be passed by the computer.

Bump

Default Re: RBS loan incorrect Reason for loan stated in order for it to be passed by the computer.

Its not uncommon, nor is it illegal, just a descriptive term.

With my trusting head on I'd say it was either an error or a conscious decision by the salesperson to enable you to get the funds you were seeking. Its difficult to see how using the term "Home Improvements" would produce a "yes" decision if a debt consolidation lend didn't. The banks would rather see people sorting out their existing borrowing instead of someone in debt borrow more to do up a property.

The only difference that I know of between the two, is that Home Improvement loans used to available over ten years, whereas the maximum for all other purposes was seven years.

If your loan was for seven years or less, the bank could simply say it was a keying error. Nowadays, most loans face second vetting to ensure their purpose matches the borrowers situation - e.g. Home Imp loans for homeowners.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details