Bit of advice wanted re barclaycard follow up.

barriejohn69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent this letter to Barclaycard and received the letter at the bottom.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

CARD/ACCOUNT NUMBER:

I now understand that the regime of “fees” which you have been applying to my account in relation to late fees and over limit charges are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £40 plus any amounts which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken.

Additionally if you have entered a default notice against my credit record, this default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require repayment in full of this money and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Their Reply.

Along the lines of

Dear Mrs x

I have checked the information we have recorded with the Credit Reference Agencies and can confirm that it accurately reflects the conduct of your account and therefore cannot be ammended. Any reords with the agencies showing late payments will show for three years.

Blah Blah....

If you would like copy statements these are available at £3 per copy.

Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to Barclaycard. For your information we have enclosed a leaflet detailing how we manage our complaints. Should you have any immediate concerns you should not hesitate to contact or CSD Dept. etc.

I realise my letter does not offer the response you had hoped for and I regret that I cannot assist you further with you enquiry.

Your sincerely

Gail Gray (Mrs)

Any idea what should be the next course of action? My first letter was sent on 10th March. Response received today.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks