Lowell/carter claimform - old LLOyds OD 'debt'

RhYnoECfnW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with Lloyds, and have admittedly gone over the agreed overdraft a few times.

after going through all my statements and calculating the total amount they've charged me, it comes to about £2000 in charges.

I've already put in a claim and got the usual response back,

however last month they removed my agreed overdraft limit of £500, and won't let me apply for another overdraft,

so I opened a new account with a different bank.

now I'm getting letters threatening me with court action because I'm £770 overdrawn.

What should I do here?

Try and agree a repayment plan with Lloyds to get the balance paid back?

I do feel it's a little unfair seeing as I'd be a lot better off if their charges hadn't been so ridiculous.

any help from anyone here would be great, thanks.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont pay a penny

I've had at least 4 serious looking "we will take you to court, fire and brimstone, woe betide you, etc" and am yet to have a case started against me

They are just trying to frighten you

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

I would just add the 4 letters have been across around 8 months and at the initial letter I invited them to take me to court

Obviously if they did issue your Defence would be the bank charges

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

• 10 months later...

Hi, can anybody help me on this?

I have an outstanding debt of around £2500 with Lloyds, which was then taken over by BLS Collections.

They have sent countless letters, however I don't feel right paying any of this back since the entire debt is actually made up of charges

(if they refunded all the charges over the last few years I'd actually be in credit).

I tried reclaiming these a while back, saying I was in financial hardship, but they weren't interested and kept adding about £200 in charges every month.

I am currently unemployed and receiving Jobseekers Allowance, and there is no way I can even afford to pay this back with the other debts

I have (£1200 Barclaycard, £150 Capital One, £300 QuickQuid, £200 JBDR) and

I can't see a way out at the moment.

To top it all off, someone paid a visit to my parents house today looking for me (I recently moved out of there to live with a friend)

but they didn't say who they were from

. Do I have a leg to stand on here, or should I start making plans to somehow pay all of this back (even though as I say it's ALL made up of charges)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Lloyds have been chasing me for just over £2000, but the whole entire thing is made up of overdrawn charges of around £200 a month (charges stopped a while back).

First I was getting letters from Lloyds, then BLS Collections, now today from someone called iQor.

I have just registered with CCCS to help me sort out my debt, as I have a fair amount of it,

and am unemployed (left job so can't get Jobseekers Allowance) and expecting my first child in May (currently living rent-free in my boyfriends family's place).

CCCS have said to offer £1 a month to each of the people I owe money to, but should I do this with Lloyds / iQor?

As it was all made up of charges. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Had the account since 2004, but the overdraft charges started probably around 2007/8 I would guess.

Gradually went up and up, to the point where they were charging around £200 each month, at which point I decided surely this wasn't fair?

I had almost no money left to buy groceries, so I opened a different bank account in 2009.

I haven't paid Lloyds ANYTHING for a long time, since I wasn't really sure if I should be - it doesn't seem fair to me at all!

But, if anyone here thinks I don't have a leg to stand on, then all I can do is offer them this token payment and take it from there.

Any ideas on this, anyone? Sorry to sound rude.

Is there anything I can say to iQor to let them know I dispute this balance?

As they have no idea the whole thing is made up of charges.

Scary as it sounds, a friend has told me not to pay anything and to let them take me to court as then I can say that it's all made up of charges,

and I'll be fine, but I really don't want to risk getting into even more trouble than I am already in.

They have started phoning my parents house (only recently moved out) and they're threatening them as well,

saying they need to help pay the £2000 back or else they'll have to appear in court too.

This whole mess is very confusing and I'd just like to know if I have any options, at all,

because at the moment it seems like there is literally no way out.

Ok

firstly

a. Calm down........

B. We need to get a harrasement letter of to the dca there's one in library I'll get it dug out

c. U need to SAR them we shall get a letter for that to find out what your debt is

d. Within the SAR we shall ask them / lloyds to find out where the origionals account agreement is and we shall get down to business bank charges are not easy but we can try to fight them

now sleep on it and we get these letters drawn up tomoro

Ok, thankyou very much for your help. I'm feeling pretty lost here.

Honestly, ANY help or advice you can offer me is greatly appreciated.

I have paid them £1 via my online banking as suggested by the CCCS, and will keep doing this regularly for now.

Yes keep paying the token payment!!!!

Need to know has the debt been sold or dies lloyds still own it if so are they still adding interest!!!

U see to take u to court they still need a default notice and a account termination letter....

.. And if the debt is sold they would " still need to provide a letter that they assigned to the dca!!! Do understand that

do u have these letters?

If not lloyds will have to provide them in the SAR ( data request) without these there stuffed.

Also if there do threaten u with court I'd send them the prove it letter that's a little way sown the line...

... So need to know if u have recieved

a. Dn

b. Termination notice

c. Notice of assignment to dca

and please don't worry

ok

they dont 'have' to follow a/b/c

it could have been written off for tax purposes years ago and egore have brought the debt on a phishing list

when was YOUR last financial transaction on the a/c with the O/D?

me thinks this is a phishing trip and you should pay the leeches nowt!

if LLoyds had wanted the money back, why wait years to do it?

as its mostly or all bank charges, the judge will laugh them out the door.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry my mistake dx..... But RHY is getin harrassed at her old address so I'm not sure she understands " push off and leave me alone route" mayb you could guide her on stopping the harrassment as she's obviousy worried

Not entirely sure when my last transaction was with them, though I will dig out my online account details tomorrow and log in to see.

I haven't paid anything in for a while, but I have received a few letters as recently as July this year though,

saying that they've added X amount of interest to my account.

They stopped adding the £200 overdraft charges a while back (maybe 2009?).

Again, I'll have to double check that tomorrow.

I think they stopped adding the interest charges each month at around the same time I started receiving letters from BLS (which would be roughly August this year).

I have now stopped getting letters from BLS and this month started hearing from iQor.

believe me when i say lloyds are not too well known for their easy way with customers............

if they have not demanded their pound of flesh in +12mts then odds on they wrote it off against tax sometime ago, and thats rare!

i'd lay odds that you are on a phishing list

just remember that DCA's nor their 'fake' solicitors, have ANY LEGAL POWERS

all they can do is send 'threat-o-grams'

in the absence of further info, pers i'd not pay them a thing - even £1

then ignore them and probably the next fleecer that tries on the same game.

if and a VERY big IF it ever gets to court, once the charges etc come to the table, the judge would point them toward the door or at WORST decree a very very small repayment.

it would help you to do some reading around

the more you read the stronger we become

just use our advance search top right and type in the current fleecers name

you'll soon get the idea.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry my mistake dx..... But RHY is getin harrassed at her old address so I'm not sure she understands " push off and leave me alone route" mayb you could guide her on stopping the harrassment as she's obviousy worried

hey no mistake

you helped, thats what cag is about.

dx

and they

· Harassment by telephone - response letter

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

• 7 months later...

Right, an update on this since I haven't posted in such a long time.

I stopped hearing from iQor not long after I posted on here, and didn't hear anything for a few months,

but earlier this year I started getting letters from Credit Security Limited.

Now, all my other debts I am currently paying back an agreed amount to, which both myself and the debt collectors are happy with,

but with Credit Security not only did they not respond to my letter of a payment arrangement,

they also continue to send countless letters saying I have seven days to pay etc..

. This morning however I received the following letter:

You have disregarded numerous requests for settlement.

Unless we receive a payment and repayment proposal at this office by NOON 11th Jul 11

a claim will be prepared for issue in the AYLESBURY COUNTY COURT for the debt, interest and an application for costs.

Any judgement given will be enforced by the Court Bailiff.

Now this has got me worried that I will end up in court.

My baby is 6 weeks old, me and my partner are just about getting by and really don't need any more stress.

Like I say all the other companies we're dealing with have accepted payment and we've been paying it just fine.

I don't even know if it's fair we should pay this lot anything since I'm 99% sure the Lloyds debt is made up entirely of charges,

if not the whole thing then at least £1500-£2000 of it definitely is.

If this does go to court then is this something that would come up?

What I mean is would they look at how the debt is made up or would they just see that I owe £2124.52 and that I haven't paid any of it back?