Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default changing authority of account holder??

My dad had a bank account with RBSicon but is now having charges on top of charges that wont stop and are now ending in default notices. I have tried on his behalf a number of times to stop it but they are refusing to deal with me all though he has signed numerous letters signing me over as authority, ther answer..'he must go in and see them' is theis correct or not?
    as well as this we put in for hardship status but refuse, how can i proceed?

Default Re: changing authority of account holder??

Quote Originally Posted by little_star View Post
    My dad had a bank account with RBSicon but is now having charges on top of charges that wont stop and are now ending in default notices. I have tried on his behalf a number of times to stop it but they are refusing to deal with me all though he has signed numerous letters signing me over as authority, ther answer..'he must go in and see them' is theis correct or not?
    as well as this we put in for hardship status but refuse, how can i proceed?
    Ok, you can complete a third party mandate on the account to allow you to speak on his behalf or he can ring up go through the security questions and then verbally state that you can talk to them and you can speak to them on the telephone at the point you ring up.
    Third party mandate would give you authority to speak on his behalf all the time and the second option is just that he would have to ring up everytime and you would then have to take over, so to speak.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details