Argos

secretarybird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,WONDER IFANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE?

Bought a hover mower, could not fit handle properly when putting it together so took it back 1week later (unused)they replaced it with same model- fine. Put this one together handle this time fine. Started to mow garden and found mower too heavy for banking (very steep). Rang them and told them and basically because I had used it - tough! I rang their customer services at head office who basically said the same - they cant take it back because it has been used. When I said I had to to use it to realise it was hopeless for the banking I was told I should have tried it without switching on the power!! With a hover mower??? Wrote to customer services saying that I had chosen this particular mower out of their catalogue because under their "Tips when buying a lawnmower" they recommend hover mowers as being ideal for banking and slopes. I said the machine was much too heavy to use what with pulling it up and down the banking (we are in our 60's although fit, we cannot use it). They telephoned to say the weight was marked in the catalogue and so we should have realised how heavy it was. But my argument is that the weight of the machine is not accurately reflected when pulling it up and down slopes. I said I thought that it was a case of the item not being suitable for the purpose it was sold for ie.banking and did the fact that I had used it limit my statutory rights? He said to :| take it up with Trading Standards.Is this right please?

write to trading standards but also to Argos if you start talking about court claims they will probably fold sharpish - or try cleaning it up taking it back to the store and returning it or say when you bought it you found it was already used and that is unacceptable (naughty and up to you if you want to try that)

write to trading standards but also to Argos if you start talking about court claims they will probably fold sharpish - or try cleaning it up taking it back to the store and returning it or say when you bought it you found it was already used and that is unacceptable (naughty and up to you if you want to try that)

The Consumer Action Group disassociates itself from this suggestion.

What is being suggested here amounts to an offence under the Theft Act 1968.

This site is concerned with asserting the conumer Right.

This does not happen by stealth or dishonesty.

Please note that posts like this are not welcome on this site.

Thread locked

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks