Critical illness insurance cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI there

Just wondered if anyone could help? My hubby became ill approx 18 mths ago, and to cut a long story short he has a progressive neurological condition , believed hereditory but not yet confirmed.

All his symptoms are same as Multiple Sclerosis /Parkinsons/Motor Neurone. He has had to give up work, receives DLA etc etc.

I have been paying into a work scheme for the past 14 yrs for me and hubby, and the above 3 conditions are listed as illnesses in the illness cover. My husbands condition is not( ataxia).

Is there any way I make appeal to get him some sort of payout as the symptoms are exactly the same, its just that his disorder is just not as well known as the 3 I mentioned!

Or am I just wasting my time??

Thanks for any help!!:confused:

Li

I had critical illness cover which I thought only covered heart problems,cancer etc. I had a car accident which has made me disabled and when my wife read the policy properly there was disability cover which qualified me and I got the money within a month. Ask them for a claim form and try and get your GP onside. Good luck

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

• 3 weeks later...