Council tax discounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in receipt of a student bursary so i qualify for 25% discount, my partner is in receipt of incapcity benefit and has been for 7 yrs now due to his health.

My query is over the yrs my council tax bill has shown a discount for him

then its gone. If on IB are you entitled to a discount

Also a few years ago we were both students and from reading up by my understanding we should not have had to pay council tax at all.

Due to money coming in we have rarely been entitled to council tax or housing benefit.

I am now a bit bamboozled by all this to say the least, wondered if anyone could clarify a few points for me. Thanks

If everyone in the household is a full time student then no Council Tax is liable but you have to hand in proof of being a student.

I've not heard of a discount for people on IB or other Benefits as they usually would be entitled to CTB.

Thanks for that thinking back to when we were both students i dont think we got it for nothing, is it worthme quering this or have i left it too late, be sept2004 june 2006, not sure if i got those bills anymore to check on

Contact your council to see whether you were charged during your student period, they must advise you of this. If you were charged speak to the college(s)/Universities you attended and ask them for a Student Certficate for the relevant academic years. There is no time limit on providing these. If you can prove you should not have paid you will receive a refund.