Employment Tribunal Claims: Tactics and Precedents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there a good friend of mine is desperately looking for this book, he's been reccomended it by Workrep but he has searched to no avail for it, seems the 2nd edition is out of print and not available anywhere and the 3rd edition isn't available until the end of the year.

He needs the book before December, so does anyone have any ideas where he may get one from?

i suggest you contact the publishers at:

LAG[legal and Genral] Education and Service Trust Ltd,

242 Prentonville Road,

London.N1 9UN

Tel:020 7833 2931

or the Printers at:

Hobbs The Printers,Totton,Hampshire SO40 3 WX.

Good luck........this book is worth every penny.

Edited by ErikaPNP
removal of unauthorised link

Try ebay - they ocassionally come up there. I have a copy but am reluctant to part with it even though I do have representation, because I am worried if the representation is withdrawn.

I am not a lawyer, so all my advice is provided on the basis that you will check them with a trained legal professional with legal insurance.:(

Hi All,

I need some quick advice I have a remedy hearing coming up soon for protective award and received confirmation of this via letter, I am representing myself so all correspondence comes straight to me. In the aforementioned letter it stated that I should bring 4 copies of agreed bundle of documents but I have no idea what to take, can some please help?

Many thanks

Bond1982

Thats why you have only been asked for four copies normally, I believe you will need six copies.

I am quite busy today but will try and see if I can offer some specific advice later. Looks to me that you have already won.

congrats

I am not a lawyer, so all my advice is provided on the basis that you will check them with a trained legal professional with legal insurance.:(

Hi bond1982 i'll try to pm you with an attachment of chapter 10 of the book scanned in. I'm sure Naomi Cunningham wouldn't mind especially if you donate a couple of quid to the FRU. The book is 429 pages and I have sent you 21 pages. Sorry for the low quality of the scan - this is to keep the filesize small.

I'll try an give you a more help soon.

Hi rebel11,

thanks for your advice, in this case though there is no respondent as the company is insolvent, so I will be in the hearing with just the judge!

Hi

Firstly if the company is insolvent, are you really likely to get anything?

ET Claims advises what you can do (pg 314).

Here's a link to the judgement on Aziz v CPS remedies, which may be of help, (but it may be a bit too complex, if your loss is simple to assess)

http://www.bindmans.com/fileadmin/bindmans/user/Press__judgements/Aziz_v_CPS_-_Reserved_Judgment_September_2008.pdf

Also Employment 2006: law and practice ... - Google Books

gives some guidance on the vento case where bands were set for what is considered to be appropriate awards for 'injury to feelings' in discriminations cases. Also look at (particularly paragraph 65)

Chief Constable of West Yorkshire v Vento [2002] EWCA Civ 1871, Court of Appeal on 22nd December 2002, reported at [2003] ICR 318, CA (also reported at [2003] IRLR 102).

Hi

Firstly if the company is insolvent, are you really likely to get anything?

You may be able to claim direct to your local RPO via the national insurance fund on form RP1

See Your rights if your employer is insolvent : Directgov - Employment

and RP1 here:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/RP1%20Form%20revised%20Feb07.pdf

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...