Highview Parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, as above, received highview charge notice for over stay parking in a disabled bay, {diplayed badge) in stadium retail park! anyone no who the car park owners are? and the parking restrictions for this car park? and the best course of action.

PS. I was waiting in the care park for 2 hrs.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Same old same old. Underground parking at a Travel Lodge in Bromley. Paid the charges for the first night and assumed I would be able to enter and leave now they had my details WRONG! 10 days later Charge Notice in the post. Wrong Contact telephgone number on the back. includes PROTECTION OF FREEDOMS ACT 2012. Acknowledgement of email I sent to them protesting. telling me no charges would be made while my appeal was considered. Second letter REMINDER you haven't paid and we will increase the charge unless paid within 14days. Suddenly - an email to say my appeal has been dismissed and now to pay the increased fee.

Very worrying for a 77 year old but your thread is good to read and they can go to 1. as you advised a couple of years ago IGNORE. Thanks Tug

• 2 weeks later...

I received a £70 charge notice from Highview for a parking 'offence' at Tesco. Overstay charge. I was going to pay before finding these threads, I was ready to ignore (since my dad is going through 3 of these charge notices from Highview & Parking Eye stretching over more than 1 year), I went to their customer services link on their website & told them as a loyal & valued customer I would ask them to contact Highview on my behalf & have the charge cancelled. Thanks 99 for the advice.

I contacted them at 3.30 & by 7pm I was called in person by Tesco to inform me that they had waived the charge.

It is worth contacting the car park owner but as demonstrated by my dad, ignoring will also work.

He has had some final demands, 'solicitor' letters, final demands & threats for court action. A couple of phone calls has meant him barring few numbers but holding your nerve will pay off.

I received a £70 charge notice from Highview for a parking 'offence' at Tesco. Overstay charge. I was going to pay before finding these threads, I was ready to ignore (since my dad is going through 3 of these charge notices from Highview & Parking Eye stretching over more than 1 year), I went to their customer services link on their website & told them as a loyal & valued customer I would ask them to contact Highview on my behalf & have the charge cancelled. Thanks 99 for the advice.

I contacted them at 3.30 & by 7pm I was called in person by Tesco to inform me that they had waived the charge.

It is worth contacting the car park owner but as demonstrated by my dad, ignoring will also work.

He has had some final demands, 'solicitor' letters, final demands & threats for court action. A couple of phone calls has meant him barring few numbers but holding your nerve will pay off.

Don't ignore genuine court papers!!

• 2 years later...

Alright guys,

it's been a few years since your letters. Mine says

"Following the landmark Supreme Court of Parking Eye v Beavis, it has now been established that a Parking Charge Notice issued on Private Land is enforceable"

I'm not sure who Eye and Beavis are but is this a game-changer or still a clear case of "ignore" ? :)

Thanks!!