weird one!?!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope you can help,

i bought a mini from a friend which had a private number plate on and as it takes so long to cross over to her new car (ford puma) i was driving round with this number plate on.

My friend received a letter saying that her car (ford puma) was photographed in the macdonalds car park and that she would have to pay a £75 fine with 7 days otherwise it was £95. From the date, she worked out she was actually in work and she asked me about it, i know it was me who was parked there at that time and date. It gave the details as a ford puma 1.6 silver etc but with my number plate (her private plate) and not my mini details.

Now obviously they have just taken the plate number and contacted DVLA who have given her puma details as the details have now been changed over (she now has her private plate on her puma)

I definatley did not get any sort of warning or ticket on my car when parked there and am just wondering where i stand?

Hope someone can help! xxx

These claims are getting tougher and tougher, talk about dragging them out!!! :rolleyes:

macdonalds car park

Rather Expensive Burger.

Bet they do a bomb with the cameras on their drive throughs.

Surely customers are allowed to park free.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

I personally would get them to prove that the vehicle was parked there. If they have cameras it would show that the puma was never there. She can prove where she was, get them to prove that it was her car there, photographic evidence

yes but as the letter was sent to my friend who i purchased the car off she would have 2 deal with them and she does not want to get involved, she just wants it paid!!! is there anything i can do??

These claims are getting tougher and tougher, talk about dragging them out!!! :rolleyes:

yes but as the letter was sent to my friend who i purchased the car off she would have 2 deal with them and she does not want to get involved, she just wants it paid!!! is there anything i can do??

She only needs to send them a letter telling them she sold the car prior to the alleged contravention. If she gives them your name and address they will then harrass you.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry if I appear to be hijacking your thread but if I remember rightly at the time she sold you the Mini it was still with the cherrished plate. She then transferred it to her new car? That has to be done by DVLA. I think this can take up to a couple of weeks or so to complete, during which time you parked in McDonalds with the plate still on the Mini. She can draft a letter to them stating the date she sold the car and that any further information they require they should contact DVLA. It appears the time scale from when the offence took place to them obtaining details of the owner in relation to the offence overlapped the transfer if you understand what I mean? On the V5 ( log book ) it will show the date the vehicle (your mini) was sold to you. Your friends does not have to disclose who she sold it to as it is not deemed as a traffic offence under the Road Traffic Act. Also it would be a breach of her human rights under Article 6 of the European court of Human Rights to disclose who she sold it to as again no Traffic offence has been committed so they have no lawful right to that information. Let them do the work, not you or her ;-)

Did the letter she received state it was a FINE? or penalty charge, in light of it being FINE, no one has the right to issue a fine apart from a court of law. So says the law!

Hope this helps, a bit long winded but when I get on my high horse lol

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Hiya! ye thats all correct! So what do i need to do now? She is not happy as she has received several more letters about it going on her credit report etc so i have 2 do the work! I will do it for her so what do i need 2 send? There is no phone number for them just an automated payment line!!!

It actually says parking charge notice! Hope u can help me more! Thanks xxx

Hi,

hope she is keeping these threatening letters, I believe a Court judgement is the only way anything can be placed on your credit file but dont quote me on that, I will do some digging later and get back to you ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Done some digging for you, it may well be best to write a letter to the Head office or contacting them on their Customer Services Hotline. If its anything like their food it might just be room temperature. ;-)

The Hotline is 08705-244622 someone might know which department to transfer you to or alternatively write a letter to them at

McDonald's Restaurants ltd

11-59 High Street

East Finchley

London

N2 8AW

Maybe you might start making some head way with it.:rolleyes:

Hi i have spoke to mcdonalds but they say its an external company who operate it and mcdonalds cannot do anythin about it. do i write to them??

Yes, if McDonald's gave you their details contact them and deal directly, if you have no joy maybe writing a letter of complaint to McDonalds in relation to the company they are using being unreasonable? its a long shot if the External Co dont want to know.

just one point it may not be a company that MacDonalds is using per se if the restaurant (and I use the term loosely) is on an estate it could be that part of the lease includes parking being on those terms and patrolled by xx ****** enforcement ltd

1st stop is definitely MacD's though, good luck.

Oh and per the above post all your friend needs to do is say the car had been sold at that point and refer them to the DVLA for further info and inform them that any further contact will be regarded as harassment and reported to the police etc