Advice needed on Vanquis interest rate hike

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have had a Vanquis card for nearly a year now, never over spent and paid more than the minimum payment.

Because i'm self employed and had credit problems in the past the interest rate to start was 47.89%.

A couple of months ago they have put the interest rate upto 54.19%, when I noticed this I rang them up to ask and was told that due to the credit crunch all interest rates are going up.

I use the card quite a bit and would like to know if it was complaining about.

Thanks in advance

JJ

• 2 months later...

Hi

Everyone I am helping out a friend who is having real trouble with Vanquis. He has now cut the card up and is trying to clear the card

He has been paying more than the minimum payment but the balance is still going up due to late charges and PPI.

When he took out the card he didn't know what PPI was about, would this be a good enough reason to claim for the PPI?

I will be sending off for a SAR tomorrow to see what charges have been applied.

Thanks

JJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JJ, you need to have a good look through the forum below. This is about thousands of other people who have and still are successfully being paid out PPI insurance premiums. The majority of premiums have been sold without the consent and knowledge of the customer, hence the reclaim. If you can't find the template letter for the claim, then post here and I will look for you.

Good Luck and sorry about the wait:)

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Had the sar come back, should I have had copies of the statements as all that came back was some figures but no statements of payments or charges?

I've been trying to get sorted with Mrs R's Vanquis account over the last month or so - I sent an SAR with them to get th ewhole lot off them.

Like you, I got a package of figures and some interesting details of their calls to us, but no statements/charges.

I queried this, and they write back with the following snippet in the letter:

.... However please be advised that a request under the above does not include copies of transcripts of all telephone calls, copies of enforcement or default notices, copies of Credit Agreements or copy statements.

Should you require copy statements these are available upon request for thesum of £5.00 per statement copy.....

What a load of utter molluscs! For a start, they've sent me a copy of the agreement, and statements most certainly DO count as required information in the SAR.

So I'll be writing to them to explain (in simple English!) what the score is. I think you'll need to do the same as it's their standard tactic. Maybe they realise that their charges will more than equal what we owe, and they don't want us to know!

Hope that's some help, I'm going to be writing a letter to them this weekend with a bit of luck.

• 3 months later...

Hi, nothing else has been sent to us, instead of asking for a copy of all the statements (which they want payment for) could asking for a copy of all transactions work instead?

We would also like to ask for a refund of ppi as is wasn't explained that it wasn't compulsory, but don't know the best way to apply for this any links please!

JJ

When issuing a subject access request, a mandatory payment of £10 is needed. You can do this by sending a cheque or postal order. Then they are obliged to send you copies of all your statements (for the last 6 years anyway).

As for your PPI reclaim, here is a link to everything you need to know about PPI, and reclaiming it:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/135060-mis-sold-ppi-want.html

Banks are sendind out "good will payments" as regards to PPI reclaims.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi-media/185508-banks-fobbing-off-ppi.html

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Hi everyone,

I am helping out my son and daughter in law. My daughter in law in due to give birth any time soon and tonight answered the door to a lady from Provident regarding a debt she has and two more that they have taken over from morses loans. My Daughter in law was not in the right frame of mind tonight and stupidly signed to say that the lady could come back and discuss the accounts.

Now she is saying that she hasn't made any payments or acknowledge the debt for nearly 5 - 6 years so they are either statued barred but they thing i'm worried about is the letter she has signed. I have told her to ring me when they get in contact about the appointment so I can be there when this lady comes, just would like some advice on how to play it.

Thanks

JJ

tell them to go away

they have no powers at all

NOTHING can unbar a debt once barred

even a signed letter!!

bye bye fleecers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi they appeared yesterday, luckily my daughter in law is a bit more clued up now, the provident lady hasn't got any paperwork on the accounts but wanted my DiL to sign some paperwork she said no without proof I am not signing anything. The provie lady got a bit annoyed saying if she took it back to the office they would have to start charging interest.

Would it be worth send 'prove it' letter to them and see what comes back if anything?

JJ

No ignor them. What they are trying to do is get her to take out an enforcable loan with provident to pay back an unenforcable loan with whomever.

Tell them you are not intrested and to go away.

They can charge all the intrest they want, once its statue barred it stays that way and there is nothing anyone can do to change this.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, had exact same reply as you, but I haven't had time to do anything about it (too many things going on!).

Also, sent a complaint about it to ICO, who haven't replied to three emails now. It's a bit strange as they sorted out the similar issue we had with Kays ages ago, and they were both sent to the ICO at the same time nearly.

Tempting to play hardball with them and just play the "no agreement, so bog off" card. Don't like doing it, but they aren't helping in the slightest, whereas the other problem companies are at least cutting a little slack and co-operating...

EDIT: Also about 90% sure that Vanquis have sold Mrs. R's personal data on to third parties without her permission, for example some very shady outfits called Horizon Finance keep calling and asking for her.... (Google them if you don't know who they are).

Edited by ravenbluemoon
More info

• 2 months later...

Hi, we really need some more help. We have sent off a Telephone harassment letter as well as letter asking to reduce the payments. The telephone calls have not stopped and even getting a bit more threatening saying that they won't accept the lower payment and need a full payment straight away.

We still have not had any reply to our complaint about non compliance of the SAR.

Thanks again

JJ