• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Kinski vs Natwest***WON***

shannon4092
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I'm starting my thread because I am just about to start sending my first letter. I requested from NatWest customer service two weeks ago that they send me six years of statements. First they said they can only send me four years as they had a system update in 2002. But thanks to the great advice from this site I phoned back up and said they had to send me the other two as well, which they are currently in the process of.

I got myself into trouble when I went traveling for two months at the start of the year. I was still paying for rent here and I knew when i came back money was going to be tight. As you can proberly guess every month I was paying for these unfair charges, up to an excess of 60 pounds. I was in consent conversation with my bank manager trying to explain my catch twenty two predicament. He was very understanding but was unwilling to drop all the charges, but to be fair to him he did drop a few. After help from a combination friend, family and a full time job I got myself back on track, what was left was a real bitterness for NatWest.

I was very happy when I came across this site. I found it when researching about unfair charges. I really admire all the support everyone gives here. In my spare time i have read through the FAQ section and found it really helpful, I will also use the template section on the condition that if I win I will leave a donation to this site. I'm really not after some easy money, i'm more after revenge and justice!

Well I'm still waiting for the other two years and as soon as they come my letter will be off in the post recorded delivery with my list of charges over the years. My four years charges has calculated to 830 pounds and when you see it as a figure as large as that, you just can see the real reality of how much these banks make in profit. I I'm hoping they come before my summer holiday so they can stew on it whilst i'm sipping cocktails in the sun!

Anyway I've got a few questions and i'll be most grateful if someone could answer them : -

About five years ago I was with advantage gold. At the time I didn't realize they were charging me for the service. I know i can't clam my money back, but my question is when looking at my statments back then it does not stipulate that the charge was for the advantage gold it just states "charges". How can I tell the difference between the penalty charges and the advantage gold charges? It's just I don't want to get my figures wrong when I hand then the first letter as I want everything to be correct.

The second question is when I calculate the percentage later on ( which I think is 8%) do I really have find out how many days since the offence has been commited? That seems really complicated. It would be great if there was some kind of formula some mathematician could come up with! Maybe It will be fine if I just sit down and get on with it, ho hum...:rolleyes:

Anyway, i'll post on this site whenever I have any news And I promise my posts will be shorter next time!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just got back from my holiday ( Croatia, very nice :cool: ) and low and behold Netwest has still not sent me the first two years for my requested six years of statements. So I phoned them up for I think the fourth time and asked for the two years of statements again. He said It's a lot of work to do cause of the system update they had back in 2002, and there's no note on my account requesting them, even though I kept on phoning them up. Anyway I now hope it's going to be done so I can send my first letter off. I've calulate the last four years, so just waiting on these two. It's sooo silly cause it's taken me about five weeks aready and I haven't even started.:-|

Are they stalling on purpose do you think?

Oh and the longer I leave do you think they will find a way of stopping people claiming some how, because they must be now giving a lot of the money back to customer and getting quite p***ed off!

Guest NATTIE

No some people do not know how to order copy statements, I do and is posted on the bank workers section and also on the NW section.

NatWest do not delay with statements, staff just cannot order them correctly, as I said been there ordered the statements and two weeks later they dropped through the door in two batches, Oct 2002 onwards then pre Oct 2002 a few days later

Well maybe I'll phone up again in the week just to make sure. The guy on the phone was really helpful but put me on hold to ask someone about it as I think he was unsure how to make them get processsed and sent to me. He seemed surprised when I said I wanted all tewnty four statements for the two years. He said he would work on the statements himself today and make sure i'll get them in 5 - 10 working days. It sounded like he had to type it all up himself...?

Well, i've just sent off my first letter today recorded delivery to NatWest today. So I'll give them 14 days to respond then I'll send the next one. I'm quite excited now as the ball is rolling. The amount i'm asking for is just over 700 pounds.

Thanks for your help NWSM. I had another look in the template section and there is some excell templates I can use to calculate the 8% latter on, sorry I should have realized before. What by the way do you think when they are receiving duplicate copies of the same letter from the template section here?

Anyway I will give an update when there's any news....

Well I just received the stadard letter reply from NatWest signed by Stuart Higley. The letter came very quickly. I'm going to wait until my 14 days is up and then i'll send the LBA letter from the templates libary. I'm going to start doing my homework into the small claims courts as well. I will keep you all posted as soon as anything happens...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just posted my LBA yesterday, recorded. So i'll let you know if I get any feedback from NatWest in the next 14 days, then when the times up i'll start filling out the form for the small calms.

I haven't really been following the bank charges situation lately as I've been busy with work. If anyone has any important updates I would be very happy you could post here. I'll check out the FOA section before I go...

I do feel quite calm about everything as this site has given me convidence. If all goes well then i'll help my girlfriend with her unfair charges.

I'll keep you posted...

Okay, I got a letter today from Stuart Higley:-

Thank you for your futher letter.

I regret that there is little that I can add constructively to my last letter and note your proposed course of action. I have alerted our lawyers and litigation department accordingly. May I please remind you that the address to use when initiating legal documents is that of our office, below.

Thanks you for letting me know of your intentions.

Yours sincerely,

Stuart Higley

Customer Relations

Seems alright the letter, I've just got to wait a week and a bit now then i'll file my small claims with my calculated interest.

The second question is when I calculate the percentage later on ( which I think is 8%) do I really have find out how many days since the offence has been commited? That seems really complicated. It would be great if there was some kind of formula some mathematician could come up with!

Use the 8% interest spreadsheet which you can find in the templates forum.

Nice and easy ;)

Remember though, don't add the 8% interest until (and if) you get to the MCOL stage.

Hope this helps

Y

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm on money claim site filling out my details. Could somebody tell me if I should add the 8% interest now to the claim cause the last post I got here it said to wait to the MCOL stage ( what is the MCOL stage?!). I'm a bit confused now cause in the FOA section it says to add the interest when you start the claim with moneyclaim.gov.uk.

I would be greatful for your help!

Okay, I read through the FOA and found out... I've now filled out the form at the small claim so it going to start processing tomorrow.

The only thing i'm concerned about is that the moneyclaim.gov.uk site didn't offer me to attach my list of NatWest charges, is it important that they have it?

thanks for your reply, i'll send them off tomorrow...

:) now all i have to do is wait.

I was watching Watch Dog on BBC1 tonight and they said that next week they'll be looking into unfair bank charges. Should be interesting, it's on at 7pm next tuesday....

Well, i've just checked moneyclaim online and it says the Natwest have acknowledged which allows them 28 days more. I was expecting them to hold out to the 14 days and then acknowledge as they were issued on the 11th. Quick?!

I've been reading some threads, chris vs natwest in particular, so i'll be expecting a letter from Cobbetts with a Cpr part 18 request form in the post and i think that can take anything up to a month, so i'll just sit tight...

I sort of realised that I have still got a long way to go...:|

Hi there I am about to send my prelim letter on monday in the last 6 years they have ***** from me £1626.80 what i need to know is using the advanced spreadsheet on the charges and interest tab it adds up the interest on penalties, what % is the claculation using to calculate the interest charged, anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...

I bloody well

Won!!!!!!!!

I have recieved the full amount of £843.00

I got a letter today from RBS saying that it was not commercially viable or cost effective for the bank to defend this claim... I know I was one of the lucky ones, maybe it was because of the amount wasn't as high as some of the other claims made?

Roll on Christmas!!!!:D

Thankyou for all your help out there. This is a truly amazing web-site and i'll be making a donation as soon as the cheque clears.

Thanks to all again,

James

Congratulations!!!

You deserve it, hey, we all do!!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D