• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wescot - chasing RBS credit card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

After carefully reading a few very useful threads the time has come to post my first one:)

I've recently asked our beloved Triton for my CCA which they failed to provide on time.

After 3 weeks I received a letter from... NatWest with my CCA attached (not sure if it is the proper one).

I have posted my Account in dispute letter ( thank you;) ) to Triton and today, after a few weeks from my Dispute letter... NatWest wrote back as follows:

I am not sure why NatWest is contacting me while Triton is asking for money.

I know that they are one and the same company but I am a little bit lost here.

Any advice will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you all for all your priceless advice so far!!!:D

Regards

Littlebitlost:-|

NatWest.pdf

Triton will have (rightly) passed that on to NatWest & they have responded ...

Presumably Natwest sent you a reconstructed CCA

You will find a few threads around here about "true copies" and reconstructions

The true copy is from days before photocopies when documents were hand copied! They do have to be copied from the original & not a conjectured reconstruction. The OFT agree with that.

If they have supplied a conjectured reconstruction (and lets face it, they would have sent a photocopy if they found the real thing) then by claiming that they have complied with the true copy regulations they are attempting to mislead, contrary to the CPUT regulations.

They are so sure of their position that they are not prepared to enter into any further correspondence on the subject!

From now on, natwest will deny that the account is indispute & claim that black is white.

It might be worth posting a copy of the CCA with personal details removed just to make sure.

Then respond and ask if their statement was their final response on the subject prior to your FoS complaint.

Thank you so much 2Grumpy & vint1954 ! :)

It took a little while but here is my CCA copy from NatWest:

(there is a big blue "COPY" stamp at the bottom that is not visible on tis scan)

I wouldn't go down that alley if "friendly" Triton :x wouldn't keep on asking for more and more every month. Could someone confirm that if I keep my previously arranged payments i.e. £10 a month on their account using their sort code and account number I will have a little chance to be taken to court please?

I owe no more than £1400.

Guys, thank you very much for your swift reply. I am really grateful:cool:

Have a great Bank Holiday!

Regards

Littlebitlost:-|

CCA Copy.pdf

Edited by littlebitlost

It doesn't contain the prescribed terms so would be deemed unenforceable. Send them this;

Dear Sirs,

Account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

This account is in Dispute .

On xx/xx/2009 I wrote to xxxxxxxxx requesting that xxxxxxx supply me a true copy of the executed credit agreement for this account.

In response to this request I was supplied a mere application form which did not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The document sent purporting to be a credit agreement does not contain any of the prescribed terms as required by section 60(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) made under the authority of the “1974 Act” sets out what the prescribed terms are, I refer you to Schedule 6 Column 2 of SI 1983/1553 for the definition of what is required. Suffice to say none of the terms are present in the document

Since this document does not contain the required prescribed terms it is rendered unenforceable by s127 (3) consumer Credit Act 1974, which states

127(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

This situation is backed by case law from the Lords of Appeal in Ordinary (House of Lords) the highest court in the land. Your attention is drawn to the authority of the House of Lords in Wilson-v- FCT [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) which confirms that where a document does not contain the required terms under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 the agreement cannot be enforced.

In addition should you continue to pursue me for this debt you will be in breach of the OFT guidelines, I draw your attention to the Office of Fair Trading’s guidance on debt collection

The OFT guidance which was issued July 2003 (updated December 2006) relating to debt collections and what the OFT considers unfair, I refer to page 5 of the guidance which states;

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment.

I require you to produce a compliant copy of my credit agreement to confirm I am liable to you or any organisation, which you represent for this alleged debt, if you cannot do so I require written clarification that this is the case. Should you ignore this request I will report you to the Office of Fair Trading to consider your suitability to hold a credit licence in addition to a complaint to Trading Standards, as you will be in breach of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40

Since the agreement is unenforceable and the default notice is non compliant, it would be in everyone’s interest to consider the matter closed and for your client to write the debt off. I suggest you give serious consideration to this as any attempt of litigation will be vigorously defended and I will counter claim for all quantifiable damages

I respectfully request a response to this letter in 14 days

I trust this out lines the situation

Print name do not sign

Hi guys! :)

Hope you are well.

Wow, this was really quick - THANKS!

vint1954, they also included T&C's and one statement, it is all on 42 pages actually (!)

cerberusalert, thank you so much for your uplifting reply;-)

This was attached with my CCA copy and 42 pages of T&C's:

Thanks again and apologies for any confusion!

Littlebitlost :confused:

CCA2.pdf

Edited by littlebitlost

Hello!

Thanks cerberusalert, the CCA2 letter was on a separate page.

Would it be worth to keep on fighting or should I just pay what I can afford i.e. £10 a month and not give in with their bullying about paying more and more?

Thank you!;-)

I'm of the opinion that banks that reconstruct CCAs and have got it wrong, showing that they didn't use the original, should not get anything.

They can't ask for money until they supply the credit agreement

I think that asking for money on the basis of supplying an inaccurately reconstructed CCA is at least misrepresentation and may be [but more difficult to prove] attempted fraud.

It's up to you about paying

I don't & my alleged debt has bounced around different DCAs for over a year now, one only kept it for a few weeks.

Vint1954 you just made my day!:D

Thanks for another very useful and uplifting advice.

I was about to send the letter today but I wanted to check if anyone had anything else to add:p just in case.

I take that my CCA is not exactly the right one :p

Guys, thank you all for your time!:cool:

The second page is folded over in the corner, presumably with a staple to the previous page. There is no staple or fold in the corner of page 1. There is nothing to say that these were related.

I'm not sure, but I thought that in 2004 the requisite terms should be before the signature box

• 1 month later...

Hello again!

Thanks to your priceless advice I enjoyed a little break from Triton and very eagerly donated the little amount to keep this site alive;)

However NatWest wrote to me in response to my last letter which cerberusalert suggested (thank you!)

Here is NatWest

Not sure what to do next:-? and does it mean that I'll have at least 6 months break from them?

Thank you all!

littlebitlost

Final letter from NatWest.pdf

Hello

Long story short:

Until now I was paying small arranged amount on RBS card and agreed over the phone that I'll be paying much more in November

when I move to cheaper accommodation. RBS said OK, all fine.

I recently had a few miscalls on my landline and called back on some 0844 number, got through to Wescot Credit Services Ltd.

I couldn't speak to anyone and e-mailed them asking what's the reason for their calls.

They e-mailed back that it was about my RBS account.

Today I've received their 'final notice' letter in which they're demanding the whole £1400 to be paid within 14 days:rolleyes: of course.

Or: 'Claim form/Summons may be lodged with Hull County Court and legal expenses of £155 will be added '

My questions are:

Shouldn't RBS inform me that they are passing my debt to Wescot?

Should my account be defaulted before passing it to a DCA? (I never received a default notice for it)

Is it appropriate to contact me with 'final notice' if this is their first ever official letter?

Should I send CCA request ASAP or wait a week to buy some more time?

Complain to Financial Ombudsman that RBS didn't inform me about my debt being passed to a DCA?

Finally should I worry a lot at this stage? :D

Thank you !

Regards

littlebitlost

Edited by littlebitlost

just cca westcrap, and dont worry about their idle threats, in fact why not ignre them completley and carry on with your arrangement with the oc until you get an oficial notice from them that they hav assigned / sold the debt on

Complain, Complain, Complain...and Complain again!

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Consumer Direct

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

In the case of Wescot complaints, you need to call 01482 380644. This by-passes the national rate number as well as the call centre and puts you in contact with the complaints dept.

Welcome to the CSA

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

First, thank you for all your advice so far!:D

Just received a letter from Fredrickson International Limited containing only some random reference number

and a premium rate telephone number to call immediately:rolleyes:

In their letter they also say: 'We have made tracing enquiries for confirmation of your current place of residence' which I find a little bit unnecessary and threatening.

I can only imagine that this is to do with the account which Triton and lately Wescot couldn't manage any more

and that Wescot passed it on to clowns from Fredrickson while it was still in dispute

(originally disputed with Triton about a year ago)

Should I bother to write to Wescot reminding them that they can NOT pass the account while it's in dispute or just CCA Fredrickson ?

I will be grateful if anyone could share their opinion on this as I don't want to waste another postal order;)

Thank you!

Littlebitlost

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute.

Try this edit as necessary fredricksons normally put the name of the OC in the Ref number so you can be sure who it is

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Ignore it then wait for something more substantial, it could be for a debt far older, as I say I had the tracing letter but it is in regard to a new account and the DCA know where I am, so there was no need for the letter.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

You say it tells you to ring on a premium rate number, is this an 090 prefix or simply an 087 prefix, if it is the latter they are not premium rate, if it is the former then a formal complaint to the OFT and OfCom is needed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!