Mis-selling by the banks

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How many people have gotten into difficluty as a result of charges and when trying to deal with the bank, have been offered the opportunity to take out a loan as part of the deal?

There are now two instances of this by Lloyds.

Does this amount to mis-selling?

Especially when the the indebtedness has been caused either wholly or in part by the bank's own unlawful charges.

One person has reported that Lloyds attempted to get him to consolidate other debts into one loan product with them.

Was this part of a deal in which one of the elements would have been an agreement to return penalty charges?

Is this the time to start selling more finance to someone who is clearly in trouble and maybe even vulnerable to that kind of temptation?

Regarding Lloyds TSB, I went in for an account review with them the year before last and ended up coming out with a consolodation loan (15k)

Even though I am and was a temp, and yet when I went to them for help to just increase my overdraft about 80 quid in January they said no (computer says no) because i am a temp..

Sorry - can you give relevant para for that, please.

• 2 years later...

My partner has a little problem with Lloyds TSB that I believe is blatant misselling.

About 5 years ago, before we got together, my partner was unemployed and homeless (living in bed and breakfast accomodation with her 4 children). Although she had debts she was coping with them.

She was invited in to talk to Lloyds/TSB Bank manager for a financial review and was persuaded to take out a £6,000 consolidation loan. She has now paid off nearly £3,000.

Please could you give us some advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi start by doing a s.a.r. request. See if it shows any irregularities in how the loan was decided, such as bank changing your partners details to make her seem a more acceptable customer. Then you can make a formal complaint to the bank. Let us know what happens.

Good Luck!

• 10 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks