DWP - SAR response times

scousegeezer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suppose some people may already know this- but I havent seen a thread regarding it, so here goes.

I have today learned from a DWP employee - quite high ranking - that the response time for replying to an SAR request is 40 WORKING DAYS. Eight weeks - when I pointed out that it was forty days in its entirety, including week-ends; I was told that I was wrong. How do we make them understand that is is forty days full stop - not forty working days. OR am I wrong.

Cheers- Scousegeezer. :?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Yes, definitely 40 calendar days as Erika points out. You were right and he was wrong.

The last SAR I put in was for jobcentre Incident Reports for a friend, and the DWP said they would send the information 'within 40 days of receiving your request.'

They received the request on 27 July and sent the documents on 13 August, so that was 17 days to responding.

Our problem was not the response time, which was quite good, but that they did not fully comply with the request. They only sent a single set of Incident Reports.

We applied again giving specific dates of three other known incidents and asked the local MP to forward the letter for us. He sent that for us on 17 August but no reply yet ...

I've found that the two SARs I've made to the DWP in the past have been responded to quickly and without fee. SARs to the police have taken longer and always cost £10.