Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2009

Default Help Needed regarding unfair charges.

Hi all ,

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense but i haven't got a clue on which way to move forward with my claim , I'm currently unemployed and in debt by a substantial amount and could do with financial help so a friend informed me she recently managed to get hold of the last 6 yearsicon of her statements and highlight every time she'd been charged and send it off using the template she found but the natwest one , and informed me that i sould do the same , i have recently read through the site and called the informed number at the bottom to find out more info and the lady at the other end informed me that they'd send me all the forms i need to claim back any charges but I'd need proof of anything/ everything for the last 6 years to claim.

With me not having such information I'm unsure how to pursuit when the forms come to me , sould i go and ask for the 6 years worth of statements from my branch and post the letter from the above site or can anyone inform me of how to handle this.

Any help would be muchly appreciated

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help Needed regarding unfair charges.

we carry all the necessary templates on the site. Go to our libraryicon and you will find what you need.

You need to send an SARicon which requires that they provide you with all the information you want within 40 days. They have a statutory obligation to make this disclosure to you under the data protection act. It will cost youu 10.

You can use the SAR template for any bank or any other institution that you have had dealings with.

One thing of importance -- you have not been correctly informed about claiming six yearss. You can claim as far back as 1995 so if your account history takes you back beyond six years then make sure you get all of your data as far back as it goes and in any form. If your SAR limit itself merely to statements then you may well find that you will get six years worth of statements and a letter saying that they don't hold statements going any further back. This may be true. However they hold your account information in other forms going back a very long way.

Get everything and get claiming

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details