Failure to supply.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can suggest the best way of recovering an insurance premium paid for breakdown cover that was not supplied? Briefly, I took out European breakdown insurance with SAGA to cover me for a holiday in France. Unfortunately I did break down but received no assistance whatsoever from SAGA or anyone else and was left to find my own solution. A letter I received from SAGA today blames the AA, which apparently carries out their cover in France. Is it possible to pursue this matter through the small claims court and, if so, how would I go about this?

You can claim your money back to the courts -- but equally you could claim that the expenses which you have suffered as a result of the breakdown at which should have been covered by insurance.

You need to decide whether the insurance premium is more valuable to you than the costs to which you will put dealing with your breakdown.

Have a look at the breakdown policy. What were they liable for. Calculate everything that you would have been entitled to -- recovery, hotel, etc etc and then decide which you want to go for.

If your contract was with SAGA then Sue them. Whether or not it was before the AA has got nothing to do with you.

Thanks for that. I didn't really lose out financially but did suffer a long, nervewracking journey home, which really spoilt what had otherwise been a nice holiday. What really irritates me is that I could have been stuck on the motorway at midnight with a gang of kids - the response would have been just the same. I have asked SAGA to return my premium but they seem to think they can fend me off by referring me to the AA, who failed to supply the breakdown cover. But it was SAGA to whom I paid my premium and my contract was with them. I have contacted my local court, who are sending me a pack on Small Claims. I'd be grateful for any advice on going about recovering my money this way. Is there a cost for instance?