Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: RBS and FF&S

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2009

Default RBS and FF&S

Hi guys

I CCA'd RBSicon back in March/April - they replied that they cannot find the Credit Agreement and although they cannot therefore enforce the debit, they expect me to pay.

The balance now is 9,600 what would be an reasonable ff&s offer? (bearing in mind they cannot enforce)

The account has already been defaulted in 2008 so I would like to tie its removal into the FF&S

Any advice on how I go about it?

Default Re: RBS and FF&S

Hi Al1971
    Are you sure you want to do this?My friend in similar circumstances had the same lack of agreement and from then on RBSicon just sent monthly statements with the account remaining static, with no interest. He had no further contact with them after that. Initially his credit file stated "u" (unknown) for this account, then after 6 months it disappeared from the file!
    However, if repairing your credit file is crucial and you definitely want to go down the F&F route here's a good guide:
    Debt Factsheets - Full & Final Settlement offers

All the best,
    Elsa x

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red][I][B]PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX[/B][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna][I][B]Please check out my [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/entry.php?180-Debt-Threats-a-quick-self-help-guide"]BLOG [/URL]for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:[/B][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][COLOR=black]All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.[/COLOR][/I][/FONT]
    [I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=sienna][B]Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
    [I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorange][B]Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you . [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

HI Elsa

Meant to say that I have been paying 50 per month to RBSicon as a reduced payment and the interest is frozen.

Will cancel the monthly payment and hopefully that focuses their minds. They have already defaulted me so their options are limited I would imagine. I suppose they could pass it to a DCAicon but they cannot enforce it either.

Hmmm - don't know what's for the best.

Alan

It's up to you..
    I personally wouldn't pay them, but you could maybe offer them 10% stating its a limited time offer for F&F ONLY on the understanding that the default is removed and the balance written off. If they do not accept it then (bearing in mind they are unable to enforce the agreement in court and you have nothing to lose since the default is already registered) tell them there seems little point in continuing to make payments until or unless a valid agreement is produced, as is your legal right under the consumer crediticon Act 1974.

Wait for more input too..it's just my opinion
    Elsa x

Basic Account Holder

Thanks Elsa - really appreciate your help!

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details