Benefits Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellyswon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all, i am currently under investigation for benefit fraud,i was accussed of cohabitating back in april of this year and recently the decision makers have found me guilty on the evidence that the DWP presented to them but i have appealed against their decision, in the meantime whilst all this is going on my housing benefit has been stopped so my rent arrears have been adding up week after week, today i recieved a letter from the housing saying that they are going to seek possesion of my property, i called them and explained that i have been accused of benefit fraud and that i have appealed and am waiting the decision regarding this, i was told that i have 28days from the date of the letter or it will then be passed to the courts ,Also since july i have had to rely on crisis loans week after week to get by since they stopped my income support.As a single mother of 3 children does anyone know what sort of benefits i would be entitiled to whilst this appeal pending.I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the citizens advise.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to got and see welfare rights or a social worker.Someone is bound to be able to help you.You cannot be expected to live with no money to feed your children or keep a roof over there heads.This is really unfair way to treat people.You could try closing your current claim for benefit tomorrow because they have stopped your money anyway.Then making a fresh claim for income support it is a new claim so i would think they need to treat it as a fresh claim.

Im not a hundred percent sure but i think a rapid claim uses the same information as your old claim its when there has been a break in your claim you can use rapid claim.I think a fresh claim is the best way forward.There must be someone on here who has more knowledge of the best way forward for you.Sorry i cant be of more help but i dont want to give you the wrong information.

If needs be you should also consider contacting you local mp.

When you made your rapid reclaim where your circumstances still the same,

or have they now changed

if they had not then unfortunately they would have just niled your rapid reclaim

Are you now living alone?

If you are then you can make your new claim

and carry on with your appeal

good luck with it

Edited by Jack Daniels

the person who they are accussing me of cohabitating with does not have any bills in my address they are all in my name but i have let him get his wage slips and bank statements to my address.I did ask at my last IUC should i redirect them if they had caused all this trouble but was told there was no need as the damage had already been done so he still gets them to my address.

to claim again then you must get everything thats in the other persons name removed from your address

no more of their mail should come to your address

and provide them with the address that this person is living iat now and during the time their mail was coming to your house, when they check they will find this to be correct

did you tell them the other persons address during your interview and why this person used your address

get in touch with your local CAB and appeal against thiis decision

welfare rights can help you with your new claim. they will push it for you

whats happended to your tax credits, if IS were paying for your children

then apply for them straight away

do you have any connection to this other person eg a past relationship with them

Been to the CAB they told me to leave the letters the way they are (re-directing them will be an admition of guilt)

At the interview under caution i gave the address of were my freind lived and explained why i let him use my address for letters.(letters are all they have to accuse me of co-habiting with him,NO SURVALENCE)

The only connection i have with this person is through our familes who have known each other for over 30 years.

Welfare rights said they couldnt help me as i had a solicator on my case.

CAB have advised me to now contact my MP as me,cab,solicator can not get them to re-instate my money until the appeal is heard.

Edited by kellyswon

Right can see where CAB is coming from but you know you are innocent and you need to get your I.S sorted and at the moment you have no money at all coming in

Can your friend then not get his mail sent to another address just to help the situation at present, then you could make a new claim

ask your solicitor if he thinks this would damage your appeal or should you wait for your appeal to be heard before makng any changes, he is the most qualified to advise you

I.S take MP complaints very seriously contact him and tell him whats going on and give him the full details, he will contact them for you to see if anything can be done

it sounds a nightmare

Edited by Jack Daniels

• 2 weeks later...

I did contact my local M.P and he wrote a letter to the DWP on my behalf to see if things could be speeded up because of my financial hardship and general well-being since all this has begun i have been referred to a councillor by my G.P for depression.Yesterday i recieved all my paperwork from which their decision was made and was told that they have now been forwarded for a tribunal , does anyone know how long this could take and exactly what happens at a tribunal, i was told last week that i would not be able to apply for any more crisis loans because i have reached the maximum you are allowed.I am at my wits end this has been going on over 6mths now and there doesnt seem to be a end to it all.Any help would be greatfully appreciated.3 wks ago i applied for child tax credits as advised by a few people on here upto date i have not heard i called them yesterday and my claim hadnt been processed yet.

Will i have to attend the tribunal?

It depends on what kind of appeal is being pursued - if it is an oral hearing then yes.

Who is appealing? You or the DWP? Is the appeal to the first tier or the upper tribunal?

Are you certain it is only letters? And what sort of letters? It is highly unlikely anything will come of it for a few letters but it would depend on the content. Do you share bank accounts? Has he applied for loans using your address/joint loans? Because they can access this information.

Surveillence is not used that often, and usually only when the evidence cannot be found another way, or to corroborate evidence already held. It's more commonly used if someone is working whilst claiming or claiming to have a physical disability but their is an accusation that they are very physically active.

Edited by ErikaPNP

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I am the one appealing , the decision makers found me guilty on the evidence they had in front of them, i appealed and i was told the decision was the same, because i had not given them any further evidence to change their 1st decision.I was told it would now go to a tribunal and i recieved all the paperwork they had which was also forwarded to the relevant department.Yes we do have a loan together but it is with my bank and i only did this because i was refused once when i applied myself and the gentleman told me on the phone that if i could apply with someone who works then i would have a better chance of getting the loan approved, seens as my friend gets his wage slips here to my address i used these along with i.d for me to apply for a joint bank loan and it was approved.As i have said in a previous thread my friends letters all started when he applied for a job and i let him use my address, i even asked at the i.u.c should i have them re-directed and was told there was no need as the damage had been done.when my friend opened a bank account for his wages his only form of i.d was his wage slips so he used these and he also gets bank statements to my address.Apart from these letters all bills are in my name.

Okay when you appealed, what they carried out is known as a reconsideration. This is performed by the DWP as part of the appeals process before it is sent to the tribunals service. Have you heard from the tribunals service yet? If they accept that the appeal should go ahead, they should send you a form to complete.

If you haven't asked for an oral hearing it will depend on whether the DWP has asked for one or whether the tribunals service feels it would be the best option. They will advise you if you have to attend, at least 14 days before hand. If they are not having an oral hearing, then they will not advise you of when the appeal will be dealt with. (You can ask for an oral hearing on the form they send you)

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

The delay indicator for appeals is currently 9 months.

[redirect] - DWP

It will likely be sooner than that but that is how long it can take.

My income support claim was made dormant in july, since i have been relying on crisis loans week after week , last week i was told that i have reached my limit and the chances of another was very slim.I applied again for i/s but was refused , i have also applied for child tax credits over 3wks ago but have not heard, surely i must be entitled to some other benefit whilst i am awaiting the appeal, i only recieve child benefit and have no other form of income.

Just been accepted for child tax credits , does anyone know if i am entitled to claim housing and council tax benefit if i am in receipt of child tax credits , this along with my child benefit is my only income since having my income support stopped in july.Also i appled for child tax credits 3 wks ago and have only just been granted them will they backdate any money to me and how long can they go back?

Just been accepted for child tax credits , does anyone know if i am entitled to claim housing and council tax benefit if i am in receipt of child tax credits , this along with my child benefit is my only income since having my income support stopped in july.Also i appled for child tax credits 3 wks ago and have only just been granted them will they backdate any money to me and how long can they go back?

They can backdate the money to the original application date (the first date you requested the pack).

You can try and claim money back previous to that date but you need a good reason to why they should do this.

Tax credit doesnt automaticly entitle you to housing benefit etc. I would advise you to see a welfare rights officer first and then claim housing benefit. If you dont lie and put down the truth and what you earn and from where they will eaither say yes or no.

Hope this is of help.

Just had letter from the tribunal service asking me to fill in within 14 days and send back so they can organize my appeal hearing they have also asked if i would like to be present at the hearing if i do wish to attend i have to put on the form, has anyone had any experience at an appeal hearing and do you think i should attend , i really would like to get my views across and try to explain everthing and i am unsure on whether or not to attend.Can anyone advise me on what to expect when/if i attend,are the panel as nasty and rude as the fraud investigators? will they ask the same questions i answered in my interview under caution,what/who do i take along with me?any person with experience of a appeal could post some info which would be helpful i,d be very grateful thanks in advance.

Edited by kellyswon