what to expect at 6 month jsa a meeting?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, could anyone tell me what will happen at this meeting, im a little worried.

i used to work in an office but became depressed from being stuck inside, no natural light, no air and felt very trapped and developed rsi from typing so much, i went part-time in the end which helped a little.

i do some voluntary work which is outside and is great but there is no paid work as yet, job centre are impressed that i have managed to get this work but want me to find a paid position asap.

my worry is that they will try and force me into office work again, the thought of it makes me ill and makes me panic. they wanted me to take customer service work, again inside and typing involved.

im still working with a phycotherapist but are the job centre really interested in any of this or take my situation seriously? can they force me into office work again, this will make me physically and mentally worse. im really worried.

thank you very much for any information.

Essentially they'll do a job search. Maybe ask you to sign on weekly for six weeks, but not necessarily. Nothing to worry about really, but anything involving contact with the job centre is never fun. :~(

Chin up, a lot of people are in the same situation.

They will probably send you away with some jobs to apply for, in my experience you will not have any of the essential requirements for these positions and would have no expectation of hearing back from the potential employers even if there was a labour shortage, and certainly not now.

Apply as instructed so they can tick their boxes.

Edited by zazen.warrior

I've been out of work for 5 months now. I've just had my weekly signings, where the job centre reel off jobs i'm not qualified for. I put myself forward for voluntary work 2 months ago, where I do 16 hours a week( 2 afternoons a week in a office & 3 mornings a week in stores loading a van with furniture) I also have started a English course & IT course. I enjoy my voluntary work and I feel the same as you. Unfortunately the job centre do not have the same priorities as me. I want to better myself but the jobcentre seem to think that cleaning caravans and toilets at the local holiday camp would be better.

I've just had my 3 months meeting was actually better than I expected, I was prepared to be grilled about the jobs Ive applied for but the guy was almost helpfull, a rarity in a Job Centre, in my experience they just want to try and catch you out so they can not pay you as opposed to actually helping you get a job.

Anyway, my main career is IT so nearly all my applications are done online and I take a print out of all the jobs I've applied for from the IT jobsites but of course the JC want the stupid little book filled in but of course all id put the is Looked on Internet every week, pointless !

Anyway..when i had my meeting he pulled about 5 jobs off the system mostly totally not suitable, how does weapons testing (firing guns apparently) for £14k come up when i want It work :).

Ok..Rant over.

As others have said..if there were plenty of decent jobs that they could just put you in they'd do it, personally an office job would suit me.

Andy