Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 357 of 357 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 355 356 357
Results 7,121 to 7,133 of 7133
    Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2012

Default Re: What Made You Want To Swear Today?

well, you still have a usable microwave, just have to do a bit of stirring between zaps

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2008

had to post.
    an item on beebs headline news about an actress breaking a leg whilst skiing!
    wtf, who gives a crap about that.
    sad state of society that that makes it on as headline/main news.

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    disgruntled2007 Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    had to post.
    an item on beebs headline news about an actress breaking a leg whilst skiing!
    wtf, who gives a crap about that.
    sad state of society that that makes it on as headline/main news.
    What do you expect of the vacuous organ that is the beeb?

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled2007 View Post
    What do you expect of the vacuous organ that is the beeb?

its all going to pot, pol pot.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

and tonight on telly we will have the Oscars ceremony. This follows on from the BAFTAS and BRITs and god knows how many more awards shindigs for actors and the like.

Why dont they televise the British Parking Association "clamper of the year" ceremonies or other trade association events? People get paid lots of money for acting when they get to the oscars level so an equivalent may be the CBI's "most money grubbing chairman of a PLC" awards as they all seem to live on a merry-go-round where failure is rewarded better than success by a good few million.

I watched a film on telly last night that if I had gone to the cinema to watch I would have walked out halfway through and demanded a refund. I certainly dont want to see the same people walking on stage and telling me that they spnet the last 10 years making millions out of Miramax and now dont want anything to do with it and knew all along Harvey was a menace to innocent millionaires, well, send the money and awards back then you bunch of hypocrites.

Follows
    Following

todays rant is about shopping. I want a new fridge so checked out online waht is waht and how much, chose one i like and then phoned Currys CS to see if they have them in stock at my local store. No they dont. Ok, what do they have in stock there for customers to take away? NOTHING, not a single fridge or freezer, no washing machines or any other white goods. they have zillions of display items but you order them and they deliver to your home when they can. Ok when can fridge model XXXX be delivered? 5 weeks time. Can it be delivered to the store so i can collect as soon as it gets there rather than have to wait in at the time of year i actually do some paid work? no.
    tried Argos, they have unexplained price changes, delivery times advertised as same day but cant deliver for 10 days and no humans to tell you what is actually stocked for collection at your local store. Without a payment reference you cant use the automated system and I'm not paying for something they havent got just to find out they havent got it.

It is all down to the fact that people dont go out to buy things any more, they just use the store to browse and then order online. Sorry, that is like saying "you are the 20th person we have told today there is no demand for it", a self fulfilling prophecy.
    I will probably try my local tip as they have a shop there selling recycled stuff, at least you know you can take it away if it is on offer.

Basic Account Holder
    snowdragon Informative snowdragon Informative snowdragon's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2015

try AO

you cant collect in person from AO. that is the main problem with all of this online shopping lark, i want to go and buy something at my convenience not prat about at someone else's convenience.

Royalties Account Holder ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2009

Do you have the means to transport it upright?

yep, just take the lid of the landy.
    Anyways modern refridgeration systems dont need to be left sitting for a day before you can use them. It is only a spare for the garage so we can store gallons of cold drinks for when the family come round so it will sit there for probably another fortnight before it gets used assuming i can find someone who actually has them as selling stock. Argos in next town supposedy has some where our local one is a drop off one inside Sainsburys.

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Where we used to live there was a local independent retailer in the high street. They were part of a buying group and the prices weren't bad at all. And they would deliver at your convenience. Sometimes it's nice to support local businesses.

HB

Basic Account Holder
    borisbeaver Novitiate borisbeaver Novitiate borisbeaver's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Getting the renewal notice for car insurance from halifaxicon, which has increased by 600 for the year but they can't tell me why. So, shopped around, got a good deal with more protection and costing slightly less than what I was paying the Halifax!

had that last year so shopped around and the best online deal came from my existing insurer. same with buildings and contents. Why do they not look at their databases and see who is likely to switch by looking at quotations offered on a number of previous years. They store the info because they are quite happy to try and sell you bad deals years after you left them last time for doing the same thing.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details