• Tweets

• DN is ok DCA NOA is ok, though not one from Newday saying they've sold it. agreement states esigned on a sunday at 11am?? really??  but no typed names or tick box nor any IP address used. if the date is correct then poss ok, it that your correct address for that time of take out? but if not, then that could simply be a copy of someone elses they've used with you details copy'n'pasted over theirs. the agreement details separate T&C's in at least 8.4. a full set of T&C containing your correct address for the time MUST be included. failure renders the agreement unenforceable... have you the T&C's too? dx
    • Npower and Scottish Power and others have always had regulations that require them to treat customers fairly - the threads here and my experiences demonstrate that those regs are little more than useless.   Even Octopus recently spent month after month saying they needed to increase my monthly payments despite my credit balance slowly going up TWICE I had to reset it online back to prior payment as they unilaterally increased it unilaterally. Raised formal complaint and they than said i was paying too much and reduced the payment, again without my agreement, although that time at least they told me they were doing it.   .. and Octopus has been one of the better ones.    
    • Thank you. You left all your personal details showing on the invoice, but I've removed them. From Googling it seems the free parking is limited to one hour.  You stayed two.  There is no point appealing, you did overstay.  That's apart from the fact the private parking companies are just interested in £££££ and never accept appeals. We have other Iceland cases, Iceland as a company refuse to have these invoices cancelled. So it's up to you. Pay £51 and the matter goes away. Or refuse to pay.  Horizon very rarely do court.  We would support you all the way. 
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Creation/St Andrews Insurance Adams card PPI reclaim **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought i'd start this thread although its in its very early stages.

We've had an Adams card as long as i can remember, since our kids were young at least!

This is financed by creation.

I have sent off the initial SAR to them last week, though i am not holding my breath as i have heard from other peoples stories that Creation have a habit of not keeping records all the way back (or stages of binning old records)

Could be a big claim of PPI though as it seems we are paying about £44 a month and this is increasing at an alarming rate (they charge £1.50 per £100 oweing plus interest).

Although we have not used the card in a long while, the balance has soared, by approx 80 per month .

This is because a while ago i sent a letter stating financial hardship and asked for payments to drop to £10 per month plus freezing interest.

They accepted this, but to my amazement when looking at recent statements they had not stopped the interest so we were then paying the minimum yet interest and PPI alone were pushing the balance right up .

I shall keep you all posted!

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

oh nice earner there

wonder if they'll try the 6yrs limit con

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thats a possibility. Is that time limit set in stone or can you push it further back?

ldg

A & L PPI £395 WON

yes there are cases of successful ppi reclaims going back into the nineties .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Great there is some hope!

Thanks DX

A & L PPI £395 WON

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

I've had my paperwork back as a result of sending my SAR.

it go's back to 2001.

Lots to calculate.

I really think i need a hand to work this out though.

Was hoping pompeyfaith would be around but perhaps he's busy helping do some others .

Or if someone could explain the spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance

oh and the good news on this is that on the original agreement there was never any checkbox for ppi .

Although they have also sent me a blank agreement too just so i can read the small print, but this must be an later type agreement as it has got a check box on it

A & L PPI £395 WON

You would need to post some details up for Pompeyfaith.

Firstly have you sent a Subject Access Request to get all of the data on you as a data subject of Creation Finance??

If not then I would suggest that as a starting point to gather information before you start any action.

Once you have all of the data I would suggest a reclaim to Creation finance as a starter, see what they come up with.

IE a letter reclaiming mis-sold PPI and requesting a full refund of all PPI costs as applied to the account you hold.

If they fail to give a satisfactory response then submit a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Information Commissioners Office or both.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks alanalana

yes i have sent off my sar and received it back last week.

As i say its quite a lot to comprehend and if i scan and put it up here it would fill up too many pages.

As its calculated differently to the usual loan ppi then i guess the calculator in the stickys is not nuch use . Not sure on that though.

The main bulk of the ppi is in the last 2 years , this is as the balance grows bigger

They are charging approx £1.50 per hundred pounds of the balance .

This now stands at about £2500.

When you add the interest of the balance to the ppi and any charges it means the balance is increasing by about £100 per month.

Should i just sit down and add each months ppi till i get a total and claim for this or is there an element of interest that i should be adding.

Sorry but i'm not too good in this area, but doing my best to learn.

I shall be sending a letter off this week to claim ppi . i'll try to add the figures myself but would still appreciate any advice on calculating this one

Thanks

LDG

A & L PPI £395 WON

If it is a credit card then you can as I understand it claim back the contractual Interest from start date up until account closed or now and then you should be able to claim statutory interest from start date of account up until an agreed settlement of that account.

The main thing is to keep up with the claims on mis-selling of PPI.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

ok can you point me towards any thread that explains more about contractual and other types of interest or shall i start my own thread?

as i'm not sure if i should add up payments then add interest or ad each payment plus interest to the next payment then applying interest agian before the next and so on.

Also looking through the original agreement the ppi box has been ticked.

Though in the t&c's it states that you have to be in employment(my partner was not)!

It does say that ppi can be put into the breadwinners name(myself) if not employed but i'm sure this never happened!

A & L PPI £395 WON

Try to contact pompeyfaith and or check out this link...

Interest calculation spreadsheets

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I have sorted this for him alan ;)

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Yes Thanks to all of you!

A & L PPI £395 WON

Your Welcome

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

just started doing the figures on this one PF.

I still struggle to use the spreadsheet so i've opted for using the 2 calculators you recommended.

Amazing a payment of 54 pence in 2002 with compound plus simple interest is now £17.87 !!! (think this is due to their terrible 39.9%APR)

Just noticed something else on the monthly statements . Fot the first few years there is a small figure entitled "SERVICE CHARGE AT 2.2% PER MONTH"

Any ideas as to what this is or what it refers to?

Just scouring the net it seems that this is exactly as it says .

a charge for having their card.

Plus another way for them to make a profit!

I wonder if it is possible to claim this one back too?

A & L PPI £395 WON

hi LDG

I'd ask for it anyway!

I've just started looking at my PPI and it's dreadful. I've got one credit card where I paid (over 12 months) £1774 and £1352 of that was interest, PPI and a couple of £20 late payment charges.

Also - there was a 0% interest rate balance transfer but they added a 'finance charge' every month on the balance! not a large amount at all but at the end of the day - it's my money they took.

good luck with the claim

S

=================================================================

remember

the Sun is always shining, it's just that you can't see it sometimes

i'm seeing lots of calculations on this lol

108 months of ppi to calculate.

plus this years charges and interest to do .

Lastly all the service charges! i shall do all these in the normal way plus compound and statutory interest.

I think i'm going to need plenty of peace and quiet and lots of beer to help wash down these sums!

I wonder though?

Do i put all 3 claims into the same letter?

seeing as the banks do find things confusing!

A & L PPI £395 WON

I wonder though?

Do i put all 3 claims into the same letter?

seeing as the banks do find things confusing!

Cant see why you cannot put all 3 together i would calculated the 3 then list the 3 in your letter then have a grand total underneath.

Yes set your self half a day to do it and have a six pack beside you;)

Regards

PF

Thanks PF

Before i do all the figure and waste (potentially) my time . is it possible to claim back to 2001 as i have planned?

Also I'm in need of some sort of script as to why i'm claiming their service charge.

A & L PPI £395 WON

is it possible to claim back to 2001 as i have planned?
Do you have the figures back to 2001 ? if yes then indeed you can

Also I'm in need of some sort of script as to why i'm claiming their service charge.
Leave that with me and ill see what i can find. This site is a minefield so there must be something out there you can use.

PF

Was this an upfront service charge in one lump ?

no its a 2.2% charge on each monthly bill. But as far as i can see it doesn't seem to be on the later bills.

Oh and yes the SAR gave me all paperwork back to 2001

Good evening all!

Well i've been sat here for the last 2 hours doing my calcs on this, helped down by 2 bottles of fine ale.

Some of the figures thrown up when interest is added are astounding.

PF if you get a chance can you just double check that i'm getting the figures right?

I'll give you a demo of one i've just done.

Using the compound calculator

£20

39.9%apr

12 monthly rests on a 360 day year

date of amount 4th may 2006

total £77.05!!

then using the simple interest calculator for the same date at 8%

gives a final figure of £97.94!!!!

Its quite amazing really and i hope that i'm doing this right?

A & L PPI £395 WON

Hiya LDG,

I've just check that figure and yes its bang on so yes you are doing it right

Enjoy and did say it will be worthwhile :D

PF

Thanks PF.

I think i shall call it a day for now. I'm starting to go numb from sitting here so long .

I did work out however that the service charges were in fact just the account interest.

I guess thats what they used to call it a few years ago.

Hope all is well with you. Another glorious day of sunshine today!

Right i finished my calculations today!

I'm ready to send the ppi letter can anyone send me the link to a good claim template?

I'm also looking for a card charges reclaim template too

Here is the letter i just drafted. opinions would be great thanks

having probs . it'll be up in a moment

An never mind lol.

I tried to copy and paste from word 2007 but instead it included allsorts of code which made it unreadable.

I'll send it off and hope for the best :-|

A & L PPI £395 WON

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I've not been on for a few weeks due to other problems.

I have now waited 21 days since putting in my claim for this.

Should Creation have sent some sort of response by now?

Usually (on my other claims) i have had some sort of notification to say they are investigating my claim.

I'm also in the same situation with my Barclaycard claim.

I know it normally is 8 weeks for the claim to be settled but do they have a standard response to new claims?

A & L PPI £395 WON

This will be useful to you if you still get no response.

Here is my LETTER BEFORE ACTION just edit it to suit your needs you will have to read it and remove anything that dont apply in your case.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Lisa

I am in receipt of your letter dated 27th October 2008in which you respond by giving me a partial refund on my PPI.

I am shocked and disappointed in your continued assertions that you have conducted yourselves in a manner that is appropriate for an extremely large and well respected financial institution. I continue to assert that this has not been my experience. You have failed in your duty by selling me a product that did not suit my individual circumstances, you have failed in your duty to provide me with sufficient and appropriate information to allow me to make an informed choice when purchasing the compulsory PPI, and you have sold me a product that I assert is useless to me as pre-existing medical conditions were not ascertained by your salesperson which therefore rendered the policy useless to me as I would have been unable to make a claim on it.

PPI is not a compulsory product when taking out a loan, and adding PPI to my loan account in this way is a clear breach of both FSA regulations and guidelines and the Banking Code of Practice provided to the financial services industry. As a respected financial organisation, you will have been quite aware of these regulations and this makes your organisation's action even more serious. It is extremely poor business practice to say the least.

In taking out a loan with the Cooperative Bank, I reserved the right as your customer to receive appropriate information to enable me to take out a compulsory insurance product that suited my demands and needs. The Cooperative Bank had an obligation to me the borrower, to provide sufficient and appropriate information to enable me to make an informed decision as to the suitability of both the loan and the PPI to meet my needs and financial circumstances. I should also have been made aware of alternative options available or comparative costs of similar PPI products from other suppliers, which information as a well known financial institution, you would most certainly have had access to.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) provides guidelines which your organisation should adhere to while making both Advised and Non-Advised sales. Where a Non-Advised sale takes place, as in my own case "The customer must, however, still receive sufficient information on the product to enable them to make an informed decision as to whether it meets their own demands and needs." (FSA) These regulations apply to the lender whether the sale is made face-to-face, over the telephone as in my case, or via a lender's website.

At no point did I receive any such information, either by letter, document or telephone call which followed the above guideline. The documents that you have provided copies of do not contain any of the information that I have outlined above and cannot, therefore, be deemed as meeting the standard of care which you should have provided.

I assert that I have been deprived of the right to choose PPI when taking out the loans, and that you have taken advantage of my lack of knowledge I had at the time.

I reposed absolute trust in your ability as a respected financial institution to provide a reasonable level of care and skill in ensuring that my best interests were met when taking out a financial product with your organisation. This has not been the case and I am extremely shocked and disappointed.

I would further suggest that the Principles of Business which are legally binding on the Cooperative Bank under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and which are contained in the FSA Handbook have not been followed. Therefore you are in breach of regulations.

I would remind you that the FSA takes the Mis-Selling of PPI extremely seriously and you will be aware that recent investigations by both the FSA and the Competition Commission have found that lenders continue to engage in "poor sales practices" and that "customers were not informed orally of both the monthly and total cost of their PPI". (FSA report, 30 September 2008.)

As you have also failed to respond to my letter dated 3rd of November 2008 in which I gave you 14 days to respond and correct the partial refund you offered I have no choice but to send you this Letter before action as you are still obstructing my complaint.

I request the return of all moneys paid to you for the above policies including contractual interest and costs within 14 days of receipt of this letter by you. If you do not comply with my request, I will have no option but to escalate my claim to the fos and/or the courts. I should remind you that the FOS take the issue of Mis-Selling of PPI extremely seriously and in many cases, have imposed large fines on financial institutions that are in breach of regulations.

Yours sincerely

PF