Unpaid Item Fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a letter this morning from RBS, stating that I am being charged for 2 unpaid items, totalling £76 for two direct debits that couldn't be paid of £6.30. It's nearly 6 times what the direct debit is worth, and i'm not sure how to approach this.

I admit that it's partly my fault because I thought I had set the direct debit up with a different account, but i'm not entirely sure what they're charging me for.

Also, this is the first correspondence i've recieved, despite them stating the first item was on the 20th July and the other on the 6th of August. Why they hadn't told me previously I do not know, because then I would of known about the second one and could of put some money in so it wouldn't occur again, or cancelled the direct debit.

I rang the branch earlier and they said there was nothing they could do. I explained that they have not sent me any correspondence rgarding the first fee and that if they had done this I would of known of the problem and it would not have occured twice, but they refused to do anything, even remove just the one. I don't quite know how to approach this, and was wondering if anyone knows what I could do to not pay this fee, and also whether they're allowed to charge me such an amount just for sending me one letter telling me they're going to do just this. =/

Also i'm new to this forum, so any help would be brill.

Thanks

Update;

Turns out that they "forgot" to send my statement on the 8th of August, and have therefore made an error, so have refunded me for one of the charges. I'm still unsure whether I should press on for the other charge. The woman on the phone gave me a load of rubbish about RBS not refunding anything whatsoever until the court case is done, and then went and refunded one? So she was lying in the first place.

Do I try and get the other one refunded, or not? And if so how would I do this?