style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Last year I moved out of a flat and while I lived through I was always a student and exempt from Glasgow City Council Tax. We sent them several forms because they kept saying that they never received them. :-x

Since leaving uni and that flat I received letters from Buchanan Clarke and Wells asking that I paid full council tax for the flat and a seperate letter saying I only owed half the tax because my flat mate was a student. I called both BCW and Glasgow City Council and explained. Both acknowledged that I was in fact a student at the time.

They then sent someone to my door which I wouldn't have opened but I was expecting someone else. I again explained my situation.

Now they've passed my letter on to a solicitor. Should I yet again send tax exemption forms? I don't see why I should have to!

They are a persistent lot! It is in your best interest to send the forms! I have 4-5 years outstanding for my daughter in my house as a full-time student (by herself) and they are still pursuing me, bailiffs and all! Make sure you send a copy to each party involved, by fax and recorded delivery if necessary then take the original form into the council for them to take a copy and get a receipt.

If both of you were full time students (as per the qualify rule, ie hours, days etc) then the property is exempt!! Keep fighting or be bogged down with bailiffs who don't care how they treat you or what fees they rack up!!

Good luck. JQ