Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Over Overdraft Limit Charge

I went over my overdraft limit which means they bounced a few direct debits and cheques and now they have given me a total charge for the month of 212

How the hell can you get out of your overdraft if they charge this amount which is extortion

I called the bank and questioned this and was told by some woman that there is nothing the bank can do as even the employees get the same charges which cannot be waved

Is the government going to stop the banks from helping themselves to our money or at least charge a realistic amount because 38.00 for a bounced DDicon is not fair

Default Re: Over Overdraft Limit Charge

The Government(OFT) are suing the Banks in the court....we both know that

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Checked my statement and have another 272 in charges so I called the branch manager and she did not care in the least at least dick turpin wore a mask

No doubt you have had a letter to state that you have incurred these charges.

I would suggest writing to the back requesting that they refund the charges, state that you are more than prepared to pay a reasonable charge for your breach of contract - however find the penalty charges that have recently been levied to be excessive, especially as the processes involved are automated.

Obviously be nice and polite as this will be your first letter.

However state that you are prepared to take this matter to the Financial Ombudsmanicon who will charge 450 for their involvement if an agreement can't be reached beforehand, or to county courticon where hearing fees and so forth would mount up and be payable. In either instances you would state that you are in hardship and request that your complaint or claim would be allowed to proceed..... however you would prefer to settle this matter amicably rather as you have had no previous problems with the bank and have found the service exceptional in the past etc etc.

They should refund the charges after a few letters, otherwise ultimately they will have to fork out more eventually.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details