• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Emmtay v barclaycard PPI insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please can someone help me?

I've SAR'd barclaycard for PPI on my credit card, they have sent all statements back to 2004 but there is no agreement.

How do I work out the interest? Is there a template for PPI interest on this site?

Thanks

Emmtay

Hi

Please can someone help me?

I've SAR'd barclaycard for PPI on my credit card, they have sent all statements back to 2004 but there is no agreement.

How do I work out the interest? Is there a template for PPI interest on this site?

Thanks

Emmtay

Hello emmtay,

firstly if you sent the SAR with the £10.00 fee and have not received all the relevant data applicable to you as a data subject you should send a letter of non compliance with the data protection act 1998....template here..

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

Spell out to them what data you believe is missing and then ask for it again.

You can be specific with what data you request although the Subject Access Request is really asking for everything. The Statutory fee is £10.00 Postal Order is fine but keep the details of the number for future reference. The post office will be able to confirm when it was encashed (just call 01246 542091 they will even send written confirmation if you request it) Send all correspondence by at least recorded to be signed for so you can track delivery through Royal Mail

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

There is much more information in here that should help you along the way.

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

There are templates for interest calculation see here...

Interest calculation spreadsheets

If you get stuck try and contact pompeyfaith he knows all about spreadsheets.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks for replying aa.

I sent the cheque with the SAR which they duly cashed and sent ALL statements.

I will write back to them with non compliance letter for the signed agreement and T&C's and the other missing items.

I have had a look at the interest calculation templates, but I am confused as to which to use as they are for bank charges or credit cards, but I'm claiming PPI payments not charges on the credit card, so wouldn't that be different?

Do you think I should ask PF?

While I'm here, can I ask for your help with M&S, or should I start a new thread?

Many thanks again

Emmtay

Hi, me again!

I've just done LBA for barclaycard, also GE Money, and M&S, and SAR to Crapital One.

A thought just occured to me though!:confused:

Am I right sending those LBA's as it says 7 days or I will take them to court? Getting confused because read so many threads on stuff I thought next step if they didnt comply was FOS?

Thanks again

Emmtay

No need to ask PF as PF is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no spreadsheet for monthly PPI, but having said that it is easy to do although time consuming.

Right this is what you have to do, firstly grab a cup of tea lol

Got that cuppa ? right then we will start

Get a sheet of A4 go though your statements writing down every PPI payment along with the date it was applied.

at this point make a note of the APR and chect this APR on every statement as it can change

Got all that down now go here:

Compound interest calculator

Insure the rest days is set to compound monthly

Now just imput the dates and each amount and APR that applied to that payment.

Click calculate and the figure will appear below the total figure is the ine you want

Write this down in another column and do the same for the rest.

Now we have a column of figures with the compound interest allied next we need to add on the s69 statutory interest at 8%

So next we need to go here

Blake Lapthorn - simple interest calculator

Again do each one entering the rate of 8% the principal sum which is the colum where you have just added compound and the dates.

Write down each figure as you go in another column

Now you have done this Well Done just use the windows calculator to total up.

That total will be your claim.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks for replying aa.

I sent the cheque with the SAR which they duly cashed and sent ALL statements.

I will write back to them with non compliance letter for the signed agreement and T&C's and the other missing items.

I have had a look at the interest calculation templates, but I am confused as to which to use as they are for bank charges or credit cards, but I'm claiming PPI payments not charges on the credit card, so wouldn't that be different?

Do you think I should ask PF?

While I'm here, can I ask for your help with M&S, or should I start a new thread?

Many thanks again

Emmtay

New thread is better. It allows you to keep track of each of your claims without confusion especially if you have loads of people advising on the different banks.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

only me!

Thanks aa, will stick to seperate threads.

Thats great pf, sounds like a lot of money due back!!

One question, as I cancelled the PPI on the cards, do I claim from start date to cancelled date, or start date to todays(calculation) date?

Also, do I tick the 360 day box?

Have just looked at the paperwork barclaycard have sent, and it doesn't show the monthly APR, it shows the interest rate on the standard balance and the cash balance:?

So for example, June 2009 statement show interest 2.075%, whereas the APR at the moment is 27.9%.

How do I find out what each months APR was?:(

Hoping you can help me out again!

Cheers

Emmtay

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya emmtay,

Right,

Firstly start date to todays date as it its a rolling credit agreement and not fixed term like a loan is.

Yes tick 360 days a year

The monthly interest rate on an APR of 27.9% is 2.075%

This you can find here

Interest Rates Guide: Everything you ever wanted to know!...

Regards

PF

Bookmark that link in case you need it again.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks again pf.

Will see how I get on with that, just still a bit unsure with regard to which APR to use? Do I just use the latest as its not on each statement?

Good luck Jan4a, will keep this updated!

:)

Hi me again!

After my LBA to barclaycard they sent me a photocopy of t&c's, but still nothing with my signature on; no signed agreement, so I have resent another LBA giving them a final 7 days to produce a SIGNED agreement.

If they don't send this- which I doubt they will as think I applied for it online, do I just send in my claim for PPI or do I take them to court for non- compliance/ unenforcable agreement, in which case do I then stop payments and go down the 'wipe the debt out' route?

I will get more if I claim PPI as balance on card is only 500.

Any advise please?

Emmtay

Right, Im just going for it!

Im sending claim for PPI payments, plus a total of 24 late payment/exceeded limit charges, just putting them through compound interest calculator now, then im going to put on the 8% too.

Will post when done!

yup do your calculation then ill be along this evening to check it 4 u sending this on my phone as cant get to my pc at the moment PF

• 5 months later...

Hi Dotty

No, didn't take quite that long, LOL!

Playing the waiting game with barclaycard, also capital one, santander/gemoney(evans storecard) refused and referred me to F&LA so just starting to get all paperwork to send to them today!

How's your calculations going?

emmtay

• 8 months later...