Parking ticket - not in marked bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I got a ticket for not parking in a marked bay - there were no spaces left and I needed to get to an appointment for a Disability Living Allowance tribuneral (which was successful) I created a spot on the end, but made sure there was enough room for people to get out. There was no nearer parking to the venue, in my knowledge. I am now registered disabled. The ticket does not say date of issue, Can I use this to get out of paying it, with a cover letter expalining my actions, or is this admitting guilt?

Yesterday I got a ticket for not parking in a marked bay - there were no spaces left and I needed to get to an appointment for a Disability Living Allowance tribuneral (which was successful) I created a spot on the end, but made sure there was enough room for people to get out. There was no nearer parking to the venue, in my knowledge. I am now registered disabled. The ticket does not say date of issue, Can I use this to get out of paying it, with a cover letter expalining my actions, or is this admitting guilt?

I take it that this is a Penalty Charge Notice issued by the council.

First you should just write a simple letter.

Dear Sirs,

Re: PCN Number AB12345678 Issued Any Street.

I refer to the above numbered PCN

I have been advised that the PCN does not conform the the mandatory requirements of Section 66 of the RTA 1991 and is therefore not valid and unenforceable.

Be advised that any further action in relation to the PCN will be vehemently defended.

Yours faithfully,

J Boggs.

As with most councils they will no doubt tell you a pack of lies and that their PCN's are perfect and wear a halo.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

do i take it you were parked in a outwith a marked bay? if this was the case then if the ticket was issued prior to you recieving your dissability badge then the ticket will still stand, however if you take the ticket and your badge to the local council office what deals with parking fines they may be able to advise you,however you will still need to put everything in writing. also be aware they take pictures of the offence so don't say you had it on display and the warden missed it. just be honest AND polite, as if you get stroppy you can consider the fine as never being cancelled