a bailiffs lie's

Guest malissa7999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest malissa7999

hi,this is the first time i have read the bailiff forum,

i had a problem paying my councill tax and it was passed onto a bailiff, he was an utter disgrace when i called him to arrange payment he threatened me saying uit was too late he was going to my home now with his van, ...(even though i was at work)...then he put his phone down on me, then when i tried calling him again his mobile was switched off, when i called the company to explain about his bad behaviour the agent just laughed at me and told me what do i think ? and that they are qualified certified bailiffs, then he told me to put my complaint in writing,..which i did do, i recieved a reply basicly telling me that they believed the bailiffs count of story blah blah,

then what happened is i i asked them for the breakdown of charges and there was a date that the bailiff states he called and spoke with me at at 7:30pm and that i stood arguing with him and wouldnt allow him in to my home, and he charged me £40 for this 'so called vist' this was an utter complete lie !

i have proof from my work detailing that i was at work untill 8:00pm and in the part of the city i leave i wouldnt reach my home untill 8:30pm anyway, i wrote this back to the agency still they believed the bailiff, however they 'without prejudice' refunded the £40,

i feel i was treated in an absolute disgustimng way, i still have all my letters i sent and receieved, and the charges they added on top of my council tax was over £250,...just wondering if there is anything i can do to get them back, ?

though i have now paid them, because of the pressure they were putting on me i felt as if i was being bullied, the bailiff in question actually shouted at me, befor putting his phone down on me, i didnt feel as if i was dealing with decent human beings, he was like a gangster !!

Guest Zooman

It is a pain but they are very hard to talk to. You should make a complaint the county court that issued the certificate.

Certificated bailiffs - enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt you owe. They also hold a certificate which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates. They cannot enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders.

Nicked from the court site
If you wish to complain about a certificated bailiff because you do not think he/she is fit to hold a certificate, you need to contact the county court that issued the certificate.

If you are unsure which county court issued the certificate you can contact the Court Service Headquarters on 020 7189 2491 who will find out for you.

You should set out your complaint on the bailiff complaints form which can be obtained from any county court and post it to the Court Manager of the court where the bailiff's certificate was issued.

or
You can complain about a certificated bailiff by telephoning or writing to:

• the firm the bailiff works for;
  • the organisation who employed the bailiff to act on their behalf. Some of these organisations, for example Customs and Excise and local authorities have complaints procedures in place and information on how to complain can be obtained from them;
  • the magistrates' court that issued the enforcement order.
  • the Enforcement Officers Association, or the Association of Civil Enforcement Agencies (ACEA) which are responsible for promoting higher standards within the profession. Bailiff Associations will investigate your complaint;

A leaflet on the ACEA complaints procedure can be obtained by writing to:-

The Secretary

ACEA

Kensington House

33 Imperial Square

Cheltenham

Gloucestershire

GL50 1Q7

or by telephoning: 01242 241456

In your case I would use route 1.