Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.


Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    simon_johnson1971 Novitiate

    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2006
    Posts : 1 (0.00 post per day)

    Cool Estate Payments to Mint and RBS


    I hope somone can help.

    My father commited suicide in 2004 2 weeks after a divorceicon and left no will hence myself and my brother became executors to his estate.

    In a nutshell he had about 37000 of debt made up of credit cards and loans.

    We managed to get a deal whereby my mother gave my brother and I some money out of the house in exchange for her to get full ownership of the property.

    All the other loan companies and credit card companies have written off the debt apart from RBSicon and Mint who insisted on me filling out a form and after ringing them I get the impression that they are going to want full payment.

    Can you advise me on where I stand regarding whether they can force me to pay and the concequences if I refuse to pay them.

    As you can understand this has been an incredibly difficult time for my family and I would like to put a line under this and move on with our lives.

    Many Thanks.

    Similar Threads:

  2. #2
    Banned Karnevil

    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2006
    Posts : 9,718 (2.14 post per day)

    Default User is banned

    User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

  3. #3
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    creesey Novitiate

    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2006
    Posts : 20 (0.00 post per day)

    Default Re: Estate Payments to Mint and RBS

    Sounds like a job for citizens advice bureau.

    As far as I know, an estate can be pursued for an outstanding debt, (after death) though, I believe if you do the necessary paperwork, interest isn't accrued, and these loans etc aren't secured against the primary principal residence so there's some comfort in that!

    If you mother owns the property without a mortgageicon, (you seem to suggest this is the case) seems to me like you don't have that big a problem, just need to jig the finances around a bit.

    Sounds like a large enough amount of money to warrant seeking some free, impartial legal counsel, I do strongly suggest using citizens advice bureau!!!

    Good luck

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details