Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder simon_johnson1971 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2006

Cool Estate Payments to Mint and RBS

Hi

I hope somone can help.

My father commited suicide in 2004 2 weeks after a divorceicon and left no will hence myself and my brother became executors to his estate.

In a nutshell he had about 37000 of debt made up of credit cards and loans.

We managed to get a deal whereby my mother gave my brother and I some money out of the house in exchange for her to get full ownership of the property.

All the other loan companies and credit card companies have written off the debt apart from RBSicon and Mint who insisted on me filling out a form and after ringing them I get the impression that they are going to want full payment.

Can you advise me on where I stand regarding whether they can force me to pay and the concequences if I refuse to pay them.

As you can understand this has been an incredibly difficult time for my family and I would like to put a line under this and move on with our lives.

Many Thanks.