Voluntry termination problems- please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sorry story starts in 2000 when i bought a Vauxhall Vectra (N plate)

After major problems ranging from an engine replacement, gearbox, radiator, heater matrix, brake discs and electrical problems to write a book about I decided that i'd paid enough for this bad egg and realised that i could voluntry terminate so i did.

I paid £400 for the payments to date (2003) and they told me that would be that.

I put the car on my friends drive as i couldn't bear to look at it and the tax was ending, it sat there for approx 6 months. In this time the finance company (on-line finance- yeah right) sent out a member of the AA to inspect the car to see if it was roadworthy before it went to auction. I washed the car and valeted the interior and checked the oil and water and replaced 2 tyres. Mr AA came out and started to point out 'paintless dents' and stonechips on the bonnet and some 2 weeks later i recieved a bill for £650 which needed to be paid before the car could be handed back. I was horrified!!

I pointed out that the car was some 4-5 years old when i bought it and that these paintless dents etc where on the car when i bought it but still they wanted the money.

So, i stood my ground and went to trading standards and they said that they agreed but said that i needed to talk to the finance company further, since then i have had 3 solicitors on the case from them demanding the money in full (i gave them the car back in 2003)

A new company now wants to claim this money from me but as far as i'm concerned i have paid all i will be paying and this claim that they have is out of order.

Can anyone help? similar situation? as i'm in a right old pickle and they are pressing quite heavilly on me and my bank balance.

I have photo evidence of everything if you would like to see.

Please Help!

Who says you don't get anythin for sittin on ya bum?;-)

The law states only that you must take 'reasonable care' of the goods. Anybody would expect a 10 year old car to have a few dents & scrapes so I would suggest writing them a final letter refusing to pay anything else quoting the 'reasonable care' bit out of the CCA and tell them you'll see them in court.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Im having probs with the loverly welcome also grrrrr...:mad:

after a so called inspection i recieved a letter saying i owed money for repairs,

also like you i explained they were there when we got it, but guess wot??? they didnt care,

A week later some guy came to collect it and i got talking to him he said he delt with alot of welcomes unhappy customers lol.. when i mentioned the repairs he laughed i was intrigued by this but he said carnt say... but he hinted very heavly to read the paper he had left me..

I descovered the car was infact going onto an auction... cheeky fookers!!!:eek:

I consulted a solicitor who said:- I should defend the charges as they were there before and i would be willing to swear on oath in court that they were there when i got it, and of course welcome couldnt say the same cos they wasnt there lol.. He also said seen as the car was going to auction and they didnt bother repairing them they couldnt charge me for repairs lol

Still having probs with them but im smilling as they took me to court and never bothered to turn up so the judge threw it straight out lollol :)

(you watch i bet i get a letter in post in the next couple of days):(

life is like a box of chocolates!! ya never know wot ya going to get!!!

I had a problem with welcome at the same time as you. I am now going through the FLA who have taken up my complaint on my behalf. You can read all about it in my own thread in this section.

Welcome it seems will try every trick in the book to do something in to their advantage. It is about time they got a piece of their own medicine!

I found out after a year of complaining that Welcome do have thier own complaint division but it is difficult to find out the contact No. and they are not that much help as they will do anything to help themselves instead of helping you.

Welcome car finance - Won 19/10/06

Barclays - Offered 48% said no

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

• 4 weeks later...

On your contract at the back it should state an amount 2/3rds once you have paid this you can take the car to there shop and leave it out side as long as you have advised of this in writing and in have advised DVLA of the change over you could also enclose a copy of the contract and a copy of the letter advising Welcome of the date that you will be handing it back. You could always get an independant assesor to value your car which is what a court would do anyway.

Then dont ask thier persmission to hand it back you just do it. they will not take it back they dont want it either, welcome will do anything not to let you go.

and 2000 was a bad year for cars anyway:rolleyes: if you get what i mean.

Customers have had calls form police regarding cars that have been taken back to Welcome and resold a year later. The company is a joke, dont be affraid of them.

They have had you on the run long enough, it may be worth just investing a bit of cash in a one off sitting with a solicitor and get a letter out then, see how far they run.

Welcome finance in court:rolleyes: for a car sold in 2000 nah dont think so.

:)