*Stop Press* RBS Shock Customer!

crem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to RBS recently coz they were banging another £30 charge on my account to pay a £15 DD when I only had £9. Why on earth would they think I would be willing to give them 30quid to pay this DD using a mere £6 of their money is beyond me!

Anyway, this was the final straw so I wrote to them saying this was now the 3rd time they had done this so I was closing the account and still wanted my 90quid back. (I emptied the account of course before do this so they couldn't take any more charges)

I haven't heard back after a few weeks and knew another month's charge of £10 was due (good job I'd emptied it ;)) so thought I'd look at my internet banking screen.

To my shock, not only have they put the £90 back in my account, but another £20 as well that I don't even know why I got it back. Should I complain about them putting extra money in my account that I didn't know about or just leave it? :confused::lol:

The disappointing bit of this though is, now that the account actually had a healthy balance they managed to debit the £10 monthly service charge against it. :( Guess I am still 100quid into pocket though so can't complain.

Anyone else had such shocking dealings with RBS where they actually do something you ask them to do, or am I unique?

Edited by crem
fixed my maths!!

or am I unique?

Yes, I'd say you were unique :) Good stuff.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...
RBS has frozen my account without warning because of one missed loan payment of £215.00. There is currently nearly £1,000.00 in my account because they have blocked me paying my mortgage etc. Penna13

Hi Penna13,

This does not surprise me with RBS they are under so much pressure from all directions they do not know what they are doing.

sparkie

go to your local branch and ask to see the manager. You may not be sucessful but you should get to see someone (the Service Quality Manager would be a really good alternative) and they'll know you're serious about something.

Ask them why your account is frozen. The loan has nothing to do with your current account other than as source of repayment. In fact they are so separate that banks are not allowed to use available funds to pay arrears without your permission. So the loan should have no impact on the current a/c. You could also ask how you are meant to pay the arrears if you can't get into the a/c?

You also need to establish if your direct debits etc are still being paid and whether or not your card allows cash withdrawals and switch payments.

The reason I ask is that my account had a "refer" marker put on it whilst I was on holiday due to a payment to I-tunes which caused concern at RBS's anti fraud team. They stopped new transactions until they had resolved the issue but regular payments d/ds and standing orders was still paid.

It later turned out that the i-tunes item was a phishing attempt (I don't use i-tunes and never have) which is a very common way of checking access to accounts. Ironically I now find myself praising the bank on here for their pre-emptive action.

On the face of it, this is really simple, and may even be a simple error by an over-zealous employee. The simplest solution will be to talk to someone.