Got a ticket while parked on private land!! - one to watch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I was issued a Fixed Penalty Notice when my car was parked where I always park it.... on a strip of land directly outside my house that runs along the front of the terraced houses of the street, alongside the public footpath. The bit of land looks very similar to the pavement, and is even treated as pavement by pedestrians, but it is in fact private land, belonging to the households next to it (i.e the bit of pavement immediately outside my house is mine). I have been parking there every day for over 12 months, but on this one occasion I found a ticket on my windscreen - other cars also had been ticketed while parked on this private bit of land. It was the first holiday week of the spring and I suspect the usual parking attendant was on holiday, and the replacement didn't know the score this this private land...

I wrote to Birmingham City Council pointing out this obvious error on the parking attendant's part.... the reponse I got was that they are trusting the attendant's notes which state I was parked on the road... clowns!! :-x :-x There's a restriction on the road itself during daytime hours as it's a narrow road on a bus route. They say that if I want to appeal further then I should wait for a notice to owner.... can't wait!!

Any advice on how I can convince these muppets that I was parked perfectly legally? I thought about asking them to provide a photograph of the alleged contravention....

I'll keep you posted on the developments

Dave

Any advice on how I can convince these muppets that I was parked perfectly legally? I thought about asking them to provide a photograph of the alleged contravention....

I'll keep you posted on the developments

Dave

You have a very interesting case.

Take photos of the car in exactly the same place as it was when the ticket was issued. Put the ticket back on the screen in the same place to. Also take photos from a distance.

Have you considered sending the council an invoice for conducting their business on yours and your neighbours property. You could have them in court for your bill before they progress through their DPE procedure.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 6 months later...

great plan but my car has been written off since then (some idiot pulled out in front of me without doing that thing you do with your eyes, erm, is it called looking?), so i cant do a photo

i can get witness statements!