Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2009

Default Requested my cards back!

Last week, out of the blue, RBSicon wrote to be saying they were invoking one of the clauses in the agreements and telling me to return both of my cards. They said that the accounts would remain open, and I will still receive monthly statements, until the balances are paid off (the balances are 4500 and 2000).

Not sure why they have done this, I am pretty close to the limit and pay off the minimum amount each month, but never had any real issues with them.

I bank with RBS and credit my not inconsiderable salary with them each month. Any ideas why the cards have been withdrawn? I've SARicon'd them but following the comments of other caggers I'm not sure what sort of response I'll get!

Thanks

Lapchien

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder

Cagger since : Jun 2008

Default Re: Requested my cards back!

letter is likely to say for commercial reasons. Probably worth writing to them with regards to which cards. Normally it is current account card(s)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Cagger since : Feb 2009

Default Re: Requested my cards back!

Just spoken to the RBSicon regarding this issue - they said that their lending criteria had changed (please no comments regarding billions lent elsewhere...) and that as a result they had closed my credit card account!

Can they just close the account? I'm below the balance owed, make regular payments, never missed a payment in fact - is this allowed under the CCA?

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details