Nationwide's response to my LBA...what a surprise!!

tbathgate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

Well I received my reply from Nationwide for 2 prelimenary approaches sent for two flexaccounts I have with them.

Guess what they said. . . . .

"Dear Mr Bathgate,

Thank you for your letter about charges incurred on your FlexAccount's.

Feedback from our members is absolutely invaluable, so we appreciate the time you've taken to get in touch with us about this issue, and we're grateful for the opportunity to explain the rational behind our charging policy.

As you know if we allow item to be paid and it means that you exceed your agreed overdraft or we have to return an item unpaid on your account then we will make a charge in accordance with terms and conditions. Details of our tariffs are contained within our "FlexAccount Interest Rates and Charges" leaflet, freely available in branchs and provided when opening an account and agreed to by yourself when you sign in acceptance of these terms when signing the application forms.

Nationwide belives it is open and transparent about charges and members are pre-notified prior to charges being debited via their monthly statements,. If, at any time, we make changes to the tariff, account holders are always informed.

I hope this has helped to clarify our position and you will appreciate why I am unable to refund any charges on your account."

Standard reponse in my eyes, already typed up just need the person who is sending its details, a signature and away it goes.

So first thing tomorrow, letter two will be in the post. They ain't gonna fob me off!!

Question though, should i send this next letter to the branch or should i send it to the person who sent me this letter? Or should i send both for double effectiveness?

Thanks all

Tom

Exactly the same letter that I got, word for word. Mine was from a Team manager in the Branch Service Centre in Swindon. She said she was unable to refund any charges on my account, without mentioning that Nationwide had already refunded £120 worth!

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

• 2 weeks later...

This is the same letter word for word that i got after only the first"request for repayment"it would appear theyre even fobbing off L.B.A.s

p.s.STILL BL...Y ANGRY! BEST OF LUCK(ALTHOUGH LUCK DOESN,T ENTER INTO IT.DETERMINATION DOES)

john r

They say you are notified in advance of any charges that will be applied but i recently had 4 returned dd charges rolled into one and applied to my account with no notification and it put me £40 over my limit!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks