Welcome/Norwich Union PPI.

conchy_joe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You dont need atemplate just use the details on their letter

Yes please investigate my claim under the plevin ruling

Simple as that

One line only!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a letter from Welcome,

Since I originally made a complaint against them I have moved, the letter they sent me saying that they had been asked to look again at my complaint was sent to my old address....

When I wrote to them asking investigate my claim under the Plevin ruling I put down my new address.

The problem is that they are saying that they need proof of who I am, they say that

" In order to progress your complaint further please contact us on 0333 999 9510 to enable us to go through our standard identification verification process "

. they go to say that they would need info on my previous address history and confirmation of my date of birth...

that's no problem but they say please have to hand as much information as possible.

Surely they're going to ask me for details such as agreement number, when it was signed how much was the loan for.

If I phone them and they ask me a lot of question about the agreement which I can't answer isn't that opening the door for them to say... you don't have any documents and nor do we, can't help you ".

No

Simply send a ctax bill with your next letter

Never ring them

Inc a list of old addresses

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

I received a letter from Welcome yesterday.

They say that

" I have now investigated your concerns and I can confirm that due to the date on which this policy was purchased, your complaint must be referred to Aviva, the underwriters of your insurance for it to be considered ".

" This is because your account was taken out prior to Welcome Finance's voluntary membership of the General Insurance Standards Council, which began 27/02/2003. The ( then ) FCA agreed that any non-regulated insurance sales ( those sold prior to WFS membership of GISC ) are the responsibility of the insurance underwriter ".

" To progress you PPI mis-sale complaint please contact Aviva at etc, etc,".

Should Aviva uphold your complaint for mis-sale, in line with the FCA Policy Statement PS17/3 issued in March 2017, you will not be due any further refund for undisclosed commission ".

" Should Aviva reject your complaint for PPI mis-sale, they will make us aware that you have a claim for undisclosed commissions and we will write to you with our offer ".

" I am therefore unable to provide a final response to your complaint until we receive confirmation from Aviva advising us of the outcome of your PPI mis-sale complaint ".

I have to say right now that I haven't made any contact with Aviva and yet in the same envelope with the same date they have enclosed their final response.

They say that they have looked at all accounts that are linked to the account that I've mentioned in my complaint.

They go on to say that no PPI was sold to me on this occasion and that they are unable to consider my complaint re' PPI mis-sale.

The only document they sent was the original Loan Agreement Form ( 17/01/2001 ) The Optional PPI box is unticked.

I really don't know what to make of all this, but I suspect Smoke and Mirrors.

Should I send a SAR, that would prove whether or not I really did have PPI.

Also why say that I will have to contact Aviva to complain before they can make a decision and in the same envelope enclose their final decision.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing.

good so off to the underwriters aviva then.

looks like you'll win this easy.

and they

Not sure what type of letter to send, as I don't have any documents/statements from Welcome actually showing PPI charges, all I have is the original agreement not showing PPI, although as MBNA said, they weren't required to. The thing is looking back at my old posts re' Welcome I do mention PPI and healthcare charges.

to me it appears welcome are admitting there was PPI hence referring you the underwriters

not sure what this has to do with MBNA???

send Aviva and sar,inc as much detail as you can

p'haps copies of the welcome letter you have got today and that agreement too

[and we'd like to see it too please scan up to PDF read upoad]

and they

I mentioned MBNA because they said at the time they weren't required to inform customer if PPI was added. I've scanned the two letter from Welcome, where do I send the scanned copies to, also do you want a scanned copy of the loan agreement.

read upload

and they

So the loan was a refinance then

Was this a prior welcome loan?

And i see now we can read the letters that welcome are actually saying enquire to the underwriter if you did have ppi...so if you did they might cough..if they dont but confirm there was ppi then welcome could be liable to a plevin refund.

You need to read things CAREFULLY

As this thread is now 63 posts in and you appear not to understand still

and they

I looked back at some of my earlier posts ( 2009 ) and found that this was not a refinance.

I can remember that the loan given was for £1300 but they stipulated that £400 must go to Capital One to pay off the card debt.

I can see that I phoned the OFT and was told that as Welcome were not an insurance company anything before 2005 was not governed by them.

I'll send a SAR to Aviva on Monday..

..Given that Welcome " managed to find " the original loan agreement is it worth sending them a SAR as well,

if both companies send all the relevant doc's it would give a clear picture.

I'm also puzzled as to why both the RESPONSE letter and the FINAL RESPONSE letters were posted in the same envelope, since the RESPONSE letter stated that I must contact Aviva first and await their reply.

As post 63

and they

I spent a long time trying to find the exact address for AVIVA and this morning phoned a number on the Net, after a while I was eventually put through to their PPI dept, all I wanted was an address but was connected with the PPI guys.

I explained that I wanted the exact address for the purpose of sending a SAR re' my Welcome acct.

He asked me for the acct numbers which I gave him explaining that the acct dated back to 2001,

he said that should have no problem in locating the files,

he gave me his name and phone number and said he would write to me immediately confirming my call and that they would contact me within eight weeks although it shouldn't take that long.

My question is do you think that I've screwed things up by talking to them over the phone ( I know the cardinal rule ),

As I see it I still do have the right to SAR them and get a response on paper...

What do you think ?.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

as long as you didnt answer pers financial q's no

and yes sar

the address you need with be on the FCA register

and they

opps meant to say didn't...

and they

I've been thinking about the two letters I received from Welcome and something is definitely wrong.

As you know they were both dated 26th June and posted in the same envelope,

the RESPONSE

and FINAL RESPONSE letters each referred to different accounts

they just do not make sense.

RESPONSE letter tells me to contact AVIVA and if they uphold my complaint re' mis-sold PPI I will not be due any further refund for undisclosed commission.

they go on to say....If AVIVA reject my complaint for PPI mis-sale they will make them aware that I have a claim for undisclosed commissions and that they will make me an offer.

The FINAL RESPONSE says

" I can confirm that no PPI policy was sold to you on this occasion and, as such, I am unable to consider your complaint for in relation tp PPI mis-sale or undisclosed commission ".

He further states that

" I have enclosed documents which I believe are relevant to your complaint and may help to explain my decision ".

Now bear in mind that the only document he enclosed is the Personal Loan Agreement,

you'll notice the APR is 14.5% and yet the Customer acct Manager went to great lengths to tell me that by going to them I would be subject to Sub - Prime rate of interest,

also notice that the Rate of Interest ( variable ) is 1 %,

I've left a gap just as they have on the form..strange that they did not put 1.0%.

When he says he has enclosed documents ( just one )

" he believes are relevant "

isn't it reasonable to assume that he has more documents relevant to the issue and that he's cherry picking.

Would I be within my rights/and would it help if I were to send a SAR.

Harping back to them saying that no PPI was sold to me,

If AVIVA upholds my complaint it makes Welcome downright liars.

Surely then regardless of whatever ACT or whatever Section applies Welcome are culpable.

Sorry if this is long winded but it's been gnawing at me for a couple of days,

these people are such incredible low lives,

their lying letters do not even pass the sniff test.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

are these what you uploaded in post 62?

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Today I received a cheque from AVIVA for £360.

The attached short letter reads..

" Please find attached cheque payment as detailed in our letter dated 20/07 18 if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me "

The letter hasn't arrived as yet.