In for a penny!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks chaps.

I havn't heard anything from Halifax yet so will be sending lba next week. Shame there is nothing about a date for the law lords decision.

Sal, it isn't the end of the OFT test case though. The HOL decision is just the preliminary issues and not the substantive ones. Unfortunately a lot of people are gonna be in for disappointment if they think the HoL decision is the end of it all.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent my letters almost 12 months ago. I suppose it would be best to send them both again wouldn't it?

Whatever is the matter with me - I used to be so on the ball - and fairly useful to others................... :confused:

Indeed this could rumble on for another year, which is why sally you must get your claim in court and stayed.

Forget the LBA it will serve no purpose unless you are in hardship.

You need to get your claim stayed in court then if the case goes in the consumers favour you will be one of the million first in cue.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Indeed this could rumble on for another year, which is why sally you must get your claim in court and stayed.

Forget the LBA it will serve no purpose unless you are in hardship.

You need to get your claim stayed in court then if the case goes in the consumers favour you will be one of the million first in cue.

pompey, the provisions within the FSA waiver allow compensation should the case go in the consumers favour, so it isn't entirely necessary to file at court(even though the site says you should).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I thought it was a case of wishful thinking that this would be the end of it. Some people do seem to think it will be but I won't believe it till the Fat Lady Sings.

Thanks for the quick responses but I still feel sending lba is the correct thing to do. Can't risk having it thrown out (potentially) 'cos I was being incorrect in not making it crystal clear I am claiming contractual.

hello

just as an aside to current posts - can anyone explain when a direct debit is returned unpaid (due to a couple of quid short) what have hsbos actually done to earn their 35 plus 28 quids

They only charge that if there is insufficient funds for the charge which leads to an unauthorised overdraft. Usually returned close of business on the day it is taken(however some banks will take charges at a later date and with notice given to you of it).

They don't want to talk to me till the test case is over. With more bank changes gone on since my prelim letter I think I will adapt the lba - just to let them know I'm going to stick to the guidelines.

DO HOPE IT IS ALL OVER BY NEXT YEAR. None of us are getting any younger - and I want a new bike, new roof and solar panels (to keep energy costs down) out of my winnings - my list is getting longer the longer this goes on......................

Silly me - I meant my bank charges claim, test case dosn't apply to this type.

Edited by sallysas
wrong claim

They don't want to talk to me till the test case is over. With more bank changes gone on since my prelim letter I think I will adapt the lba - just to let them know I'm going to stick to the guidelines.

DO HOPE IT IS ALL OVER BY NEXT YEAR. None of us are getting any younger - and I want a new bike, new roof and solar panels (to keep energy costs down) out of my winnings - my list is getting longer the longer this goes on......................

Sally, I know no one is mentioning the case on here but after the Prelimanry issues are the secondary ones. The OFT recently took on Foxton's Estate Agency and won in little over a year(there appeared to be a lot of crossover with the OFT test case as well) so Next year is a pretty good bet.

• 4 months later...

I finally got my claim in last month. Just had it back for my contribution to the fee. So glad I did this before Supreme Court ruling although I expect I will have to amend poc but so what.

Obviously it refers to the UTCRR but mentions regulation 5 (1) and I've gone for compound interest at the authorised rate (well they didn't manage to charge me the unauthorised rate) and I'm not sure I could argue that successfully. I also used the unjust enrichment arguments.

We shall see. Still have one stayed which I know I will have to amend in the near future...............

• 1 month later...

Going to file at court this week with test case over and waiting for new POC for current accounts. Can I use existing POC for this visa account as I've not been doing much reading in last few months. May as well concentrate on claims that can be won.............

• 2 months later...

Hope it all goes well :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

Just look here - one for bank and another for credit card.

I haven't filed as I said earlier. Can't find their letters to me and as a year has gone by I am sendinging the prelim tomorrow. Been busy in the garden that's why I haven't been posting

• 3 years later...

I have some old charges going back to the 1990s and the interest rate then was 1.53 monthly.

If I enter 25.9 (which is what they could charge me on their website) with compound interest the result is truly staggering (almost 1200.00 in extra interest).

People,

can I justify this on the grounds that it is compensation for being deprived of this capital to invest at my choice

and also the fact that interest on the interest would have increased my outstanding debt to halifax which I only settled last year.

And the so-and-sos had entered a default on my account which is not due to 'drop off' till October this year

- even after I reached an arrangement to settle the debt and made the last payment last autumn.

Default is due to disappear 6 years after they defaulted my account originally so having an adverse effect on my credit rating.

What a difference that interest rate would make to my finances. any thoughts gratefully received.

unless you are prepared to go to court

you'll have a very hard job getting PENALTY charges back outside 6yrs

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 years later...

Working on the 'if you don't try you will never know' theory I have had a loan, current and mortgage account in the dim and distant past - does the £10 fee cover all of them or do I adjust the SAR and ask for all the information in one letter with an £30 cheque (gulp, as that might be a waste of money). No, I don't have any account numbers.

Or shall I just phone them up to enquire but all more than 6 years ago.

yes covers everything

its about you not one account

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...