Npower arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi one and all,

I am hoping that somebody on the forum may be able to give us some help/advice on a problem with Npower.

Our daughter has been a customer of Npower for some 18 months.

She was paying for her dual fuel by direct debit each month amounts at this point we do not know.

She did not receive any statements for 12 months,

then she received a letter to say that her direct debit payments were not enough to cover her usage (why wait 12 months to tell a customer they are not paying enough).

They wanted her to increase her monthly direct debit payments to £160 which as a single parent with 2 small children (6 & 3 ) was an impossible request,so she therefore cancelled her direct debit.

After a telephone conversation with Npower our daughter agreed on a payment plan of £29 a week for 12 months after this time the remaining arrears would be written off.

She found arrangement very difficult to keep to, as a result has not been keeping up the agreed plan payments.

She has received a letter fom Npower today 27th June demanding a payment of £1,585 to pay what she owes.

Our daughter phoned Npower today and was given the following options to repay the debt.

1.Prepayment meters be installed not possible landlord would not allow.

2.Or pay the outstanding debt.(Not possible as I am a single parent on benefits).

Any help or advice from the forum will be much appreciated.

Regards

Ian

if she did not receive any bills for the 12mts prior to this demand, they cannot enforce payment.

part of their own energy industry guidelines

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, she does - NPower can enforce payment for up to 12 months. Jack states this is the period of time that her daughter didn't receive a bill.

Have NPower used estimates or proper meter readings when working out wjhat your daughter owes, Jacko. How much was your daughter previously paying by DD?

Also, did NPOwer use the correct readings to start your daughter's accounts on - some 18 months ago?

I suggest if your daughter did not receive any bills/statements for such a long time after moving to NPOwer, that NPower's rec ords may well be incorrect - meaning there may be problems in how the accounts have been billed.

In short, your daughter should not pay or agree to do what NPOwer wants, until she knows the bills are correct.

If she thinks there may be a problem, she should raise a query to that effect wuith NPower immediately (and maybe pay what she thinks is a reasonable amount)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply,

I am trying to get some more info from our daughter as things at this stage are a bit vague.

We do know that she went over to Npower by a salesman calling and making all kinds of offers to get her to change to Npower.

She was paying DD gas £20 electric £30 a month.

She had been paying these amounts for quite some time about a year or so, then out of the blue a year later a letter arrived saying she owed in excess of £800 and that her monthly DD payments where not enough.

What we cannot understand is why Npower took a year to tell her that she was not paying enough for her duel fuel surely they must take some of the blame for escalating the bill.

Ian

• 8 years later...

Hi all,

my daughter is getting harassed by Debt Managers (services)Ltd

This issue with Npower has been going on for some years as my daughter disputed the amount owing and has asked Npower to prove the amount owing,

she has requested this many times but Npower have never responded to her.

She is now getting letters from debt companies,

how should she respond.

IGNORE the DCA's, has Nopower marked her credit files?

How far into their complaints procedure have you got, if at all?

Have you WRITTEN too them demanding they settle the dispute?

You say years, how long, and when did YD leave them?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I will answer your questions as best I can.

She has not responded to any DCA'S letters.

As for Npower marking her credit files I have no idea at this moment in time.

She as far as I know not entered into any complaints procedure.

It's about 5 years since she left Npower, it was one of those cold callers for Npower and she signed up with and took the bait.

She has not written or made any contact with Npower,

she did not think it would be worth it as they do not bother responding to any letters.

Well, the first thing to do is to check her CRF, see what's on there, and who is currently chasing.

If it's 5 years since the billing disagreement then Nopower clearly don't want any money.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

old thread merged for history

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, the first thing to do is to check her CRF, see what's on there, and who is currently chasing.

If it's 5 years since the billing disagreement then Nopower clearly don't want any money.

Apart from Debt Managers she was receiving letters from Wescot's the first being Nov 2016 the last Dec 2016 then letters from Debt Managers, so I assume that Wescot sold the debt on.

nope Npower don't sell debts on

debt managers are not debt buyers

wescot are not debt buyer.

both their letters will say our client Npower

and they

one thing to tie up...

is she still at the same property?

and they

This is just an historic debt on NPowers accounts that they are unsure they can recover. They have farmed it out to a DCA to chase, but it would be up to NPower to try to enforce via a CCJ, if they thought it was possible.

I suggest asking the Bank ( daughters account) where payments were made from to NPower to check when the last payment was made. Perhaps it was not within the last 6 years, so the debt would be statute barred. If necessary ask the Bank for copy statements for the period when the last payment was made to NPower.

Ignore the DCA, they can't do anything.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

do npower know her correct address?

if not there is a risk of a backdoor CCJ.

and they

if she has not informed npower

simply send them a letter.

if she thinks its now statute barred

which I think it now is

then send our statute barred letter to npower

kills 2 birds in one!

and they

• 6 months later...

Help or advice needed please.

My daughter moved house more than 6 years ago,

she has recently started getting letters from Westcott for a debt owed to npower.

She recently contacted (April/May)npower disputing the debt.

She sent a statute barred letter to Wescott's,

their response was as she had made communication the statute barred does not have any bearing on the debt.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

If the debt is 6 or more years old, then just ignore them.

All they are saying is that although they could not take the debt to court, they can still write out chasing it.

Just ignore and they will stop writing.

Edited by dx100uk

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Posts made on someone else's thread moved

To your own existing thread

Now read it again from post one

Who are wetcloths client?

and they